Gransnet forums

Chat

Socks

(9 Posts)
Daisyanswerdo Sun 24-Apr-16 18:00:01

I live on my own and see to my own laundry. I have 9 - nine! - odd socks. Not trying to start a competition or anything.

grannyqueenie Sun 24-Apr-16 18:46:47

They're probably knocking around with the partners of various bits of odd cutlery I have in my kitchen drawer...grin I don't live alone, but even so...confused

pompa Sun 24-Apr-16 19:26:05

All my socks match, they ALL have holes.

M0nica Sun 24-Apr-16 19:37:24

In our last house we had a very tall hedge all round it. One year when I cut the hedge a bit late so that it was quite overgrown I found two odd socks in it, onDS's the other DH's.Ii assumed they were elopinggrin

I also found a pair of frilly knickers, but they had been pushed in from the pavement side and we did live in a university area, between campus and halls of residence wink

pompa Sun 24-Apr-16 19:47:24

Eloping or making a break for it ?

gulligranny Sun 24-Apr-16 20:01:21

I have 11 - eleven!!! - odd socks and an empty washing basket. I have absolutely no idea where they can possibly be. I read somewhere once that every time you find an odd sock, look in your wardrobe and magically there will be one of those metal hangers that no-one ever buys ... now I know that's nonsense but ..... !!!

grannylyn65 Sun 24-Apr-16 20:05:53

There is a secret lonely sock society but sshhh!!

Pittcity Sun 24-Apr-16 20:53:52

We've got a lonely one of the thick walking variety.

Indinana Sun 24-Apr-16 22:34:17

My DH was puzzled when he hung a load of washing on the line a couple of weeks ago, because there was an odd sock and he knew he'd only put pairs in the machine.
The next day, on the golf course, he put his hand in his pocket and found a sock - bunched up and still slightly damp grin.