Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Wed 11-May-16 06:57:34

Good Morning Everyone,
Its raining this morning here in Brackley , but with a window open the air feels cool.
Mick

Nana3 Wed 11-May-16 07:18:35

Good Morning.
Yes definitely cooler Mick. It rained all afternoon in West Lancs yesterday.
Fine at the moment so hoping to get out for a walk with GD today.
Visiting mum with her too maybe, mum will love that.
Have a good day everyone.

whitewave Wed 11-May-16 07:22:19

Morning!

Yes rain here as well overnight but I think it is stopping now -it seems brighter out.

Had a nice Thai meal with exwork friends last night and caught up with all the gossip.
Mum was told that she won't go blind which is wonderful news. She has to have laser treatment to her ex cataracta as it were. That's being done today so she is still independent at 98 which I think is marvellous. She is frail and has a lady in to do and I do her washing but apart from that and easy cook meals from Waitrose/M&S she's all good.

ninathenana Wed 11-May-16 07:39:17

Morning all.
A damp misty start in N Kent. Forecast is for showers the same as yesterday. I hope we get off as lightly as we did then.
D is tinting my eyelashes and brows today as part of her course work.
Wish me luck ?

kittylester Wed 11-May-16 07:43:45

Good morning from a wet and cool North Leicestershire. It poured yesterday and i got soaked trying to buy garden pots at the garden centre. And it's not nice enough to fill them today. Rain for the school run too - why am I not surprised?

Good news for your mum, ww. Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone.sunshine

Pittcity Wed 11-May-16 07:47:26

Good morning from sunny Colchester. The haze is clearing and the sun is bright. Still humid after a day of non stop rain, but cooler.
Into town for coffee with a new group of ladies this morning.

PRINTMISS Wed 11-May-16 08:01:03

Good morning to you all, it is wet and dull here on the South Coast, and today is a sad day for us as we say goodbye to another of our long standing friends. For various reasons we are unable to get to the funeral, so we have decided that at 12.45 we shall put on the dvd that my other half made called rather wildly A Year in the Crawley Lions, and on that we shall see some lovely footage of our friend, and lots of others who are no longer with us, and remember them all with happiness and pride at what we all achieved in the community. A celebration indeed of a life well spent.

NfkDumpling Wed 11-May-16 08:03:39

Morning All

Wet and horrible in north Norfolk. Pelting it down! Hopefully it'll clear up soon we're off to B&Q to buy wood (it's Wrinklies Discount Day) and it's a roof rack job.

Happy Wednesday Everyone

hildajenniJ Wed 11-May-16 08:33:04

Good morning everyone.
Lovely start to the day in the Tyne Valley. Sunshine and light wind. Today I must finish washing the covers from my sofa, get them ironed and put back on. My back feels a little easier this morning but I won't overdo things!
Have a good day everyone.

Funnygran Wed 11-May-16 08:37:17

Still damp and dismal here in South Yorkshire. Never seen rain like it yesterday afternoon and evening. We have recently had our kitchen extension roof completely replaced after a few patch up jobs and it was lovely to stand and watch the rain without running about with buckets and bowls. So some consolation!

NfkDumpling Wed 11-May-16 08:39:24

And, half an hour later, the sun's out!

Greyduster Wed 11-May-16 08:45:24

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Just as Funnygran has said, after yesterday, no fun here with the weather in South Yorkshire today either! We had our conservatory roof replaced last week and it had a baptism of fire yesterday regarding watertightness!! Problem now is that we appear to have a leak over the front door. Onward and upward! Have a good day, folks.

annsixty Wed 11-May-16 08:45:45

Good morning all.
I haven't been posting for some days as I am feeling quite low with my problems but felt I must say to ww I hope your mum has a good outcome today. I see the consultant on Mon to find out what my further treatment is to be as the AMD is not typical.
Also suddenly my knee is so bad I cannot even do my own shopping. I go to the local hospital tomorrow but it appears to be a triage appt so the NHS are meeting their targets, I have been told I should be treating within18 weeks!!
I am in such a mess especially with H that I will have to "raid" the C's inheritance and get it done privately.
Condolences to PRINTMISS we are at that stage also.
Also cool and damp here in Stockport.

harrigran Wed 11-May-16 09:23:18

Good morning from a lovely sunny north east. Tired today as I was up most of the night coughing and for the first time ever there was nobody awake to keep me company sad

Nelliemoser Wed 11-May-16 09:34:22

Good morning from Cheshire. It feels rather damp here but not actually raining. Yet.