Gransnet forums

Chat

(9 Posts)
Heraandboys123 Wed 11-May-16 21:47:24

What a do dah to join this site?! yet I'm IT literate and teach on EDCL courses so I'm astonished! Maybe I'm tired and inept but it isn't a straightforward process to join Gransnet. Great content and contributors, love some of the articles so it's worth the ardous task of signing in and out! perhaps I'll use my Google account for access as it is far simpler to use, mind you we are in a rural village where the connection isn't too fast - anyone else have log in issues/problems?

We have one toddler grandson and two new additions on the way this year via our lovely twin daughters so I'll keep faith with the site, happy to contribute, over the moon to read such a wide range of comments, so one happy Nana here!

Grandad and I met at uni, we're easy going grandparents who like the outdoors, now living in a picturesque village between Ongar and Chelmsford so looking for things to do with our grandson over the Summer whilst his mum gets ready for no 2 in August! Her twin is due to give birth to her 1st - grandchild no 3 in Nov - it's all go for this Grandma! hope to gain inspiration from this site, assuming I can log in without issues! As grandad is a computer engineer I think we'll manage!

baubles Wed 11-May-16 21:56:17

Hello and welcome Heraandboys Going from 1 to 3 in a short space of time, how lovely.

I never sign out so don't know about the problems you're having. I don't remember it being difficult to join though.

merlotgran Wed 11-May-16 22:01:26

I don't have to sign out either as I'm the only one using this laptop.

Welcome to GNet, Heraandboys. Sounds like you have an exciting time ahead with the new arrivals. smile

kittylester Wed 11-May-16 22:02:10

Welcome heraandboys. I hope you enjoy GN.

I stay logged in to GN all the time and have it book marked on my phone and computer.

numberplease Wed 11-May-16 22:14:01

I have the link for Gransnet in my favourites, so just click on there to come on here, no problem.

Charleygirl Wed 11-May-16 22:15:38

I also do not log out. Welcome but one word of warning- do not lose your password. I was locked out for yonks until I eventually got it sorted.

Nelliemoser Wed 11-May-16 22:43:43

Welcome Heraandboys123 I messed up my login some time ago and had to change it. I find it hard to remember the last password I wrote, so I stay logged in.

I tend to encode my passwords so they become less easy to copy but I don't always remember quite how I encoded them in the first place.

Enjoy GN don't get addicted. wink

Jalima Wed 11-May-16 23:10:36

Welcome Heraandboys

I haven't found a problem logging in, however I do have a problem when using GN on a tablet as it is so slow and frustrating. I find the desktop much better.

You sound like us - DGC are like buses - you wait for years then two come along together and another one not long afterwards!

ninathenana Thu 12-May-16 00:35:31

Welcome to GN enjoy !

I'm another one that stays logged in. GN is pinned to start on my phone and Kindle