Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sat 21-May-16 06:57:03

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dull windy and wet here this morning in Brackley this morning, off to do my usual trip into Bicester later, have a couple of coffees , one in Nash's bakery café where you can get a decent lardy cake.
Mick

NanKate Sat 21-May-16 07:13:19

Morning Mick and all.

Yes a bit overcast here in the Thames Valley too, but the birds are singing..

Lardy cake Mick that takes me back. I will have a yummy apricot Danish with coffee this morning, they cook the Danish to order, wonderful. smile

Enjoy your day.

kittylester Sat 21-May-16 07:29:36

Morning all.

It's warm but wet in North Leicestershire. I have to nip to the shops this morning and then we are going to DD1'S for lunch. When we get home we have to pack as we are going to our favourite hotel in Suffolk tomorrow for a few days.

Enjoy your Saturdays everyone. sunshine

Pittcity Sat 21-May-16 07:54:49

Good morning from Colchester. Sky is threatening.
Waiting for a parcel this morning and then shopping. Probably catching up with TV later if weather stays in wet.

tiredoldwoman Sat 21-May-16 07:58:04

Good morning , a funny quietly dull morning here in St.Andrews . I'm doing my holiday washing ( 3rd load !) so am hoping that the sun will arrive .
Working in the afternoon then Bubs coming for a sleepover tonight , I think I might get them baking - maybe apricot Danish pastries , Nankate !
Have a safe, easy weekend , everyone .

hildajenniJ Sat 21-May-16 07:59:24

Good morning everyone.
The sun is out at present, but there are loads of dark clouds approaching the Tyne Valley. It looks like a day of sunshine and showers. I am having a nap now, but later I will have to start arranging my clothes for our trip to the Chelsea Flower Show. We have booked a two night short stay, and are travelling by train. I am really looking forward to it as I have been once before.
Have a great day everyone.

millymouge Sat 21-May-16 07:59:28

Good morning everyone. Cloudy and breezy here in Braintree, but not cold. Off to do a special walk with lots of other greyhound owners this morning. Then we usually meet up for a snack and a chatter after. Hoping that the weather stays dry as my friends daughter is getting married this afternoonand we go to the reception this evening. Should be exhausted by this evening!!

harrigran Sat 21-May-16 08:00:53

Good morning, grey at the minute but I can see it improving. Family probably coming today but no word yet, usually get ashore call when they are on the way.

harrigran Sat 21-May-16 08:02:11

Silly tablet, phone call, not ashore.

Newquay Sat 21-May-16 08:07:23

Overcast but dry at the mo here in Staffs. Really MUST do some housework today! Am going to deliver letters to neighbour's too asking if they're interested in a street party on Sunday 12th June. We had one before and it was great fun.
Will visit elderly neighbour in hospital this afternoon too after, yet another, fall. She had the ambulance service out three times during the night earlier in the week and sent them away but, third time, she must have agreed to go insad

PRINTMISS Sat 21-May-16 08:21:54

Good morning to you all, it is a very still morning here and quite chilly, no sun as yet, but ever hopeful. Not a lot planned so taking it easy with a nice cup of tea and a browse through Gransnet. Enjoy your days.

cornergran Sat 21-May-16 08:44:45

Morning All from a damp corner of Somerset. From the puddles it rained a lot in the night. Off for a shopping trip today, slow start so likely to be mid morning, no rush. Oh the joys of retirementsmile. Hope Saturday is kind to you.

Gagagran Sat 21-May-16 08:45:46

Morning all!

It's grey and overcast and rain is promised for later. I'm pleased we got the garden tidied up yesterday.

Tonight is the first of two free community concerts which the choir I am in is giving and I feel a bit nervous as our final rehearsal was so poor. Fingers crossed we rise to the occasion tonight! Do any other choir members on GN find that the men don't watch the conductor? Ours are really poor at that!

Happy days everyone. sunshine

Greyduster Sat 21-May-16 09:31:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Can't make its mind up here in South Yorkshire - the forecast is for rain all day, but at the moment the sun is out. I have been awake since four o'clock so feel totally washed out this morning. I think I might have to grab another couple of hours, then I have to haul all my mucky fishing gear out of the car and clean it up after yesterday.

Nelliemoser Sat 21-May-16 10:32:29

Good morning all. I slept for about nine hours last night a record for me. I woke up at what I thought was my usual 6amish and put the radio on. I thought it did not quite sound like it was the Today program but did not catch on.
When I went down to put the kettle on my kitchen clock showed 9:30.
Please can I have some more good sleeps.

Newquay Sat 21-May-16 14:54:33

Hello gagagran-I usually find a bad last rehearsal means a good performance.
I sing in two choirs and generally the men don't watch as well as us (perfect!) women.
It's so annoying isn't it-how can the conductor help them if they're not looking?
I have varifocals so have to hold my music EXACTLY so I can see music and flick eyes up to watch conductor so it can be done. I would never lower my head so all anyone can see is the top of my head!
Hope it goes well.