Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(13 Posts)
millymouge Sat 04-Jun-16 10:10:14

Good morning everyone. Warmer in Essex today but no sun yet (and no rain thank goodness). Just had pleasant walk with dogs. DH celebrates a birthday with an 0 attached today!! He doesn't know but family have arranged a special outingwink hope for a good day.

rosesarered Sat 04-Jun-16 10:03:07

Grey here, but with a hint of sun and warmer, gardening calls.

Greyduster Sat 04-Jun-16 10:00:51

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Well, yesterday's three quarters of an hour of summer were a false hope and we are now back to cold and grey in South Yorkshire again. My poor s-i-l's glider flight, that he was so looking forward to, was cancelled yesterday because of the weather. Better safe than sorry. I have nothing much to do today (except ironing ?), so I may do some baking later. Have a good day, folks.

PRINTMISS Sat 04-Jun-16 09:11:33

Good morning and a ditto for the dull weather - the sun is there, but there is this low cloud which appears to be permanent these days, and although we had some rain the other night the garden is really dry. NanKate we have been promised fine weather next week, so hope your grandchildren enjoy their holiday here on the south coast. I have bad back still, and not very happy about it, but never mind, no doubt it will get better in time. Enjoy your days.

Nelliemoser Sat 04-Jun-16 09:08:58

The sun is now coming out in Cheshire. I am so pleased I have just showered gallons of water over my plants since yesterday evening. (My sprayer is on a timer.)

ninathenana Sat 04-Jun-16 08:37:02

Morning all
Fourth day in a row for me to post "dull" it seems slightly warmer than yesterday when I had to put a cardi on indoors.
Car to the garage this morning as it has an oil leak angry

Nana3 Sat 04-Jun-16 08:15:07

Good morning, overcast here in Lancashire but no rain. Garden is very dry, we aren't used to these dry spells. I've probably jinxed it now.
Two DGC stayed overnight, pancakes for breakfast, I'm so lucky.Taking them to see Mum later.
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Sat 04-Jun-16 08:12:06

Good morning all.

North Leicestershire is looking very promising today.

Bit later this morning as we are catching up after having two of the grandchildren for a couple of days.

Nelliemoser Sat 04-Jun-16 07:44:14

Good morning all. it is very overcast but mild here in Cheshire.
I have been out in the garden in my dressing gown moving the sprayer around the flower beds. I don't care if the neighbours have seen me.
It has not rained here for about two weeks and been very hot at times. Some of my newly planted shrubs were looking very stressed.

NanKate Sat 04-Jun-16 07:05:25

Oh no Jenty and I wanted the south coast to very warm. shock

NanKate Sat 04-Jun-16 07:04:37

Morning Mick and All.

Hope weather us good on south coast as my 5 and 3 year old GSs are on their first caravan/ lodge holiday. I can just imagine them chasing around all excited wanting to see all the amusements at the Holiday Centre. The eldest is bound to have found himself a girlfriend by now. smile

Have a good day folks.

Jenty61 Sat 04-Jun-16 07:02:36

very grim down here on the south coast...chilly as well! our summers are getting shorter each year!

12Michael Sat 04-Jun-16 06:50:58

Good Morning Everyone,
its feeling warm outside but cloudy here in Brackley , it looks like we could be heading for a short spell of hot weather as well.
Mick