Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(23 Posts)
OldPeculiar1 Tue 08-Nov-16 11:53:06

Market Day in cold but dry Melton Mowbray. I understand that the Town Estate are going to brighten up the Market stalls from Easter. That will be great and hopefully attract more stall holders. It would be great to see more competition together with new additions. Here's hoping.

annsixty Tue 14-Jun-16 09:12:22

Good morning all.
Just dull here in Stockport, have we seen the last of summer?.
I finally got my eye injection at 9.15pm and was home at 9. 50.
Thank goodness it's only every 4 weeks.

OldPeculiar1 Tue 14-Jun-16 09:04:16

Good morning All. Dry but overcast in Melton Mowbray today, market day.
Sorting out the garden this am after the rain and sudden growth. This afternoon coaching Indoor Bowls and avoiding all the football that has overtaken leisure tv.

PRINTMISS Tue 14-Jun-16 08:55:28

Good morning to you all, it is chilly! There is no sun and everything looks a little sad,but I will not have to water the pots as it rained again last night. Boiler service this afternoon, I am not sure I will be able to cope with the excitement of that once a year event. Enjoy your days.

AlieOxon Tue 14-Jun-16 08:47:00

Grey here too, been raining. At l wasn't I wasn't woken up at 7.15 by neighbour at his patio! 8.15 today.

Greyduster Tue 14-Jun-16 08:34:09

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Dull and damp here in South Yorkshire this morning. It is apparently going to be appalling this afternoon, just in time for the school run ☹️. Can't go to my aquafit class today as I can't get to the pool without the car and DH has a dental appointment. I'll miss it. Enjoy your day folks!

NanaandGrampy Tue 14-Jun-16 08:28:18

Morning all !

Its grey grey grey here with rain forecast all day here in our part of Essex.

I'm off to the hospital for an ECG this afternoon , which will be a parking nightmare but on the plus side my lovely daughter is coming to tackle my post holiday ironing mountain :-)

Pittcity Tue 14-Jun-16 08:19:36

Good morning from a grey skied but bright Colchester. Sunshine and showers again.
No plans today. Trying to avoid the football and hoping the rain doesn't wash out the tennis.

hildajenniJ Tue 14-Jun-16 08:10:23

Good morning from a sunny south west Northumberland.
At the moment that is! I'm waiting for the decorator to arrive. Yesterday was a no show, but he did phone to apologise. Washing to do today. Enjoy Northumberland Nfk. It's gorgeous whatever the weather. ??????⛳?

oldgoat Tue 14-Jun-16 08:08:01

NfkDumpling Chillingham Castle is good for a wet day. Very haunted! Lovely birds where we stayed at River Breamish and lots of curlews, lapwings and sky larks on the open access land plus a cuckoo. Are you staying near the coast?

Mildred Tue 14-Jun-16 07:47:29

Morning all, damp and grey in Liverpool today.

Galen Tue 14-Jun-16 07:29:44

Hello from Mykonos. Lovely here

NfkDumpling Tue 14-Jun-16 07:12:36

We had hoped to go for the birding Oldgoat, I'll add Howick to our rainy day list. It can't rain for two weeks -can it?!

ninathenana Tue 14-Jun-16 07:03:37

Morning all.

Lots of early birds today smile
It's been raining over night and more forecast. Not sure if I'll need to take H to his gardening job but I will need to go to Tesco.

Nana3 Tue 14-Jun-16 07:00:37

Good Morning.
So sorry about your bus Mick. The same thing happened to my parents some years ago and from then on they had to use taxis. Do you have a community bus service in your area?
Rain rain and more rain in Lancashire.

12Michael Tue 14-Jun-16 06:59:02

Agree with you Oldgoat why blame the county councils when the chancellor with bully mate the PM are the ones to blame, but will enjoy bus service whilst its there as it takes in the Lark Rise to Candleford Villages on its route.
Mick

oldgoat Tue 14-Jun-16 06:54:48

NfkDumpling We just had a great week caravanning in Northumberland in spite of the weather. Visit Howick Hall if you can. The gardens were fabulous.

oldgoat Tue 14-Jun-16 06:49:53

Sorry, that should have been mick.

NfkDumpling Tue 14-Jun-16 06:48:42

Morning Mick, morning All. These cuts are getting a bit much aren't they Mick. Somehow they seem to hit the wrong people.

It's overcast and drizzly here in Norfolk too. Just right for the start of our caravan trip. We're making an effort to use it more this year, but we seem to be putting a jinx on the weather so watch out Northumberland, bad weather is coming your way!

oldgoat Tue 14-Jun-16 06:48:27

Morning Mickelson. Aren't the County Council bus cuts the result of cuts in funding to local government imposed by central government? Easy to blame the councils who are struggling to make ends meet.

kittylester Tue 14-Jun-16 06:46:43

Good morning Mick, good morning all!

It's pouring in North Leicestershire this morning. School run in Derby for me today.

Sorry to here about your bus service, Mick, how will that impact on your life?

Enjoy your Tuesdays everyone. sunshine

cornergran Tue 14-Jun-16 06:42:54

Morning Mick, morning All. Drizzling in our corner of Somerset. Sorry about your bus, Mick, any other way of getting to Bicester? Hope Tuesday is kind to all.

12Michael Tue 14-Jun-16 06:38:57

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but grey here at the moment in Brackley , off to Bicester later , 6 weeks before we loose the bus link thanks to county council bus cuts.
Mick