Gransnet forums

Chat

When in doubt, look down the front of your knickers!

(82 Posts)
merlotgran Fri 08-Jul-16 10:28:12

Yesterday DH helped me stake a clump of plants that should have been dealt with earlier in the summer. I took off my gardening gloves so I could get the string tight around the stakes and tie an appropriate knot.

My elasticated waist trousers didn't have any pockets so as DH was running out of patience trying to keep the stakes in position I lifted up my T shirt and shoved the gloves down the front of my knickers.

They were lightweight 'lady gloves' BTW - not the huge padded things I only wear when dealing with roses!!

Job completed, DH toddled off back to the workshop and I carried on weeding. The only problem was I couldn't find my dratted gloves!!

I looked in the wheelbarrow, gardening bag, shed, boot of the car, dog's bed, greenhouse.....Nope!!

Time for a cuppa and quick look at the tennis so I went indoors, put the kettle on and popped to the loo!

shock blush blushgrin

POGS Tue 12-Jul-16 09:39:59

Gand Tea

Sunday 16.40

Question--- What as a wheelie bin liner? wink

rosesarered Mon 11-Jul-16 23:58:03

Never found anything (unidentified item in the bagging area? grin) in knickers that shouldn't be there, however crumbs find their way into the cleavage all the time, also now and then a currant or an ear ring.

GandTea Mon 11-Jul-16 17:37:46

Velcro for holding the balls? No thank you !

merlotgran Mon 11-Jul-16 17:10:39

Thanks, Breeze. By the time I get round to an evening wine I both need AND deserve it!! grin

There have been some really funny posts on this thread.

breeze Mon 11-Jul-16 16:33:49

Apologies Merlot, replace 'need' with 'deserve'!

breeze Mon 11-Jul-16 16:05:08

Merlot you need a wine as a reward for this thread. We all need a chuckle and you've provided it. smile

NotTooOld Mon 11-Jul-16 15:53:08

Velcro for holding the balls? Is that how they do it? I've always wondered..........

BeeWitch Mon 11-Jul-16 15:27:48

I like comfy pants and was pegging out the pants section of the washing after our Turkish holiday, when my son and family arrived for lunch. My boy took a look at the line and commented that I didn't need to take my own parachutes onto the plane. They may be two sizes bigger than I need, but they are virtually everlasting and I don't get VPL either.

breeze Mon 11-Jul-16 15:12:21

Just wanted to say thrillednanny, that your posting on the thread page read so funnily that I laughed out loud! It read
'When in doubt, look down the front of your knickers'! followed by 'thrillednanny'! Oh, still mopping my eyes! Am envy as you are on the beach! Have a great holiday!smile

Thrillednanny Mon 11-Jul-16 14:38:06

Sorry a bit late catching up on this (I'm on hol on the beach reading this!) I have also read it's possibly dangerous to keep your mobile down your bra, not worth the risk I guess. I once put my iPod down my knickers while decorating as I had no pockets only for it to fall through & just hang dangling while I'm stuck up a ladder!
Loved this thread btw. smile

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 16:40:57

It has been recycled - in the bin

merlotgran Sun 10-Jul-16 16:28:16

If all else fails.....Recycle your posing pouch!

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 13:59:29

Mrs P bought me a thong/posing pouch for Xmas one year, OMG how do you ladies wear them, uncomfortable was only part of the promlem.

breeze Sun 10-Jul-16 13:30:30

Such a laugh this thread. smile Got home from school one day, when I was probably 11 or 12, to find my step mother livid. Someone had stolen laundry from the washing line, but only 'us girls' big, (navy blue) thick cotton, unattractive, school knickers! Obviously a 'perv' in the neighbourhood but it was back in the days when you didn't immediately ring the local bobby! Think we had to wear our gym kit under our skirts until she was able to buy new knickers. My school skirts were just on the knee. Used to walk around the corner, check the coast was clear, then turn the waistband over and over until it was a mini skirt! Ooh, gone all misty eyed. Those were the days. wink

miep Sun 10-Jul-16 13:21:31

Daughter wanted to try a thong (no gardening gloves possible down these; maybe a clothes peg) and in a rare fit of generosity, bought me one. Ouch begins to describe how uncomfortable it was...the other words I used are banned from this site!

merlotgran Sun 10-Jul-16 12:42:22

grin G&T

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 11:56:17

Those were the one with a giggle band -- get past that and you are laughing.

chicken Sun 10-Jul-16 11:52:48

I always heard roomy knickers called ETBs---elastic top and bottom. An old friend used to refer to wide-legged knickers as "Russian knickers"---plenty of room for the air to rush in and out! As for uses for cleavage, I've hatched a few baby chicks in mine over the years.

pensionpat Sun 10-Jul-16 11:27:56

Ive always used my bra for tissues and also phone sometimes. I was advised by a friend that there was a risk of breast cancer from the phone. Not read anything myself, but having had breast cancer I was not taking any chances.

Nelliemoser Sun 10-Jul-16 11:04:56

When was in Iceland in March several years ago We were told that batteries did not do well in very cold weather so I put my camera battery into my bra.

I forgot all about it until bedtime.

GdnGuru246 Sat 09-Jul-16 21:40:51

Being of the flat chested variety no cleavage storage abilities here - sadly. About 30 years ago DS aged 4 or so stayed over with his Granny from time to time. My darling Mum has far more up top than me so when in her petticoat (those were the days) getting DS dressed in the morning all those decades ago she was asked what her cleavage was - Mum said (fairly coyly) 'well darling that's just part of me'. DS said 'it looks like an upside down bottom to me'.... The treasures of family life!
Now DS has his own son aged 4, a whole new chapter. Isn't life wonderful!

Jalima Sat 09-Jul-16 20:28:46

granjura grin
Only if she eats peas

(I used to do the same sheilasue)
And I ate peas tonight!!

Yours
Norma

granjura Sat 09-Jul-16 19:39:12

sheilasue - are you John Major ;)

annodomini Sat 09-Jul-16 19:34:05

When I was 11, we were camping in the West Highlands beside a wonderful beach with dunes that were great for sliding down. At bed-time I couldn't find my watch - a birthday present - and had the whole family and dog searching the dunes. When we all gave up, I got undressed for bed and what should be inside my shirt? Yes, I'd put my watch there for safe keeping. No bra at that stage though. I too put my phone in my bra and sometimes on a journey that's where I keep my rail ticket. Might be somewhat disconcerting for the ticket inspector. grin

Ana Sat 09-Jul-16 19:18:02

They'd have to be tiny gardening gloves! grin