Gransnet forums

Chat

I made my first comment in the Times yesterday

(20 Posts)
jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 22:27:59

One recommendation and one was howibble to me. Not too bad.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 22:18:44

Bags I haven't a clue whether I'm using the App or not. I downloaded it. Well, I think I did. It says "downloaded" now. But nothing changed. How do you tell if you are using it or not? Wtf what exactly is an app anyway and what does it do. confused

I think this could be a case of the blind leading the blind.

Got loads of notifications now (been out) Must go and see what's occurring. [smle]

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 15:03:02

Thanks. Go to show that I don't read the "quality" newspapers (or. in fact any newspaper) If BBC news doesn't cover it, it hasn't happened in my world.

grannyactivist Sun 10-Jul-16 13:25:21

Times Educational Supplement GandT.

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 11:51:35

TES ?

Maggiemaybe Sun 10-Jul-16 10:55:18

I'm blaming you for this, jingl. I've found a Mumsnet thread with lots of the old TES Opinion posters on it, reminiscing about ye olden days. I might as well settle back for the day. I'm just trying to untangle the reason for 3 of the old crowd disappearing after being reported to the police - I must have missed that!

Oh, and apparently it's dead boring on there now. Perhaps you could go on and shake it up a bit.

harrigran Sun 10-Jul-16 10:31:51

I sleep on the side nearest the bathroom door wherever I am, do not want to stub my toes during the night grin

Maggiemaybe Sun 10-Jul-16 10:31:48

As long as you don't stray into the TES forums, jingl. I was on there years ago when I was young and brave and it was a bear den. Made Mumsnet look like a haven of fluffy kittens and roses.

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 10:25:03

I just sleep on whichever side is vacant (it is variable)

Gononsuch Sun 10-Jul-16 10:20:21

I was on Munsnet for years. Then I retired and just moved to Gransnet.

I still pop in every now and again, and they do talk about us. They started a discussion on which side of the bed you sleep on, I thought it was whether your current partner was left or right handed that decided it. smile

thatbags Sun 10-Jul-16 10:15:31

Ah! I think the answer is NOT to use the app.

thatbags Sun 10-Jul-16 10:12:18

jings, I haven't discovered how to make comments online. Please send instructions.

GandTea Sun 10-Jul-16 10:08:32

Is there an alternative to GN ?. I joined Silversurfers a while ago, useless. As many of you know I don't like argumentative threads much, but they are 100% better than no threads at all.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 10:03:17

They have a good offer on at the moment. £12 for three months. Couldn't resist.

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 10:02:01

I've made another comment! This one about Stephen Crabbe and the sex message thing. More controversial. Could get scary exciting!

And my inbox could get very full.

Kateykrunch Sun 10-Jul-16 09:58:54

I must admit, I was beginning to wonder where you had got to!

Pippa000 Sun 10-Jul-16 09:55:25

What do you mean 'better than Gransnet'? Oh Jinglbellsfrocks I feel you may have opened a can of worms there gringrin

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 09:46:57

I might knock it on the head in a day or two. grin

Grannyknot Sun 10-Jul-16 09:42:18

OMG getting a notification every time someone burps would be my worst nightmare.

But if it makes you happy ...enjoy!

jinglbellsfrocks Sun 10-Jul-16 09:40:29

It's great! You get a notification every time someone adds another comment. And when someone replies to you personally. And I have had two recommends!

It's better than Gransnet.

It's an article about the National Trust, but of course, it's behind a paywall.