Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(17 Posts)
12Michael Thu 11-Aug-16 06:52:17

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey this morning signs of wetness on the path nearby here in Brackley this morning.
Mick

kittylester Thu 11-Aug-16 07:09:25

Good morning Mick, morning all.

It's raining here in North Leicestershire and the sky is grey! Sainsbury's, a quick trip to see mum and then 2dgc overnight. Help!

ninathenana Thu 11-Aug-16 07:57:42

Morning Mick, Kitty and everyone.

Where is everyone this morning there's usually more posts at this time. smile
It's a very grey, miserable start in N Kent. We're supposed to have the best weather in our corner today. That doesn't bode well !

Nana3 Thu 11-Aug-16 08:10:02

Good morning.
I am on holiday with the family in Herefordshire. Waiting for the breakfast time rumpass to be over with before I surface.
The sun is trying to come through the cloud cover, hoping for a dry day at least.
Have a good day everyone.

PRINTMISS Thu 11-Aug-16 08:19:16

Good morning to you all, we are a bit thin on the ground this morning aren't we? It is quite chilly and breezy here, not sure how the day will turn out, it sometimes changes with the tide. Should really do the housework, will get the duster out and show it to the vacuum cleaner, see what they come up with. Enjoy your days.

Funnygran Thu 11-Aug-16 08:23:47

Good morning from dull, grey and rather breezy South Yorkshire. Fingers crossed for decent weather tomorrow as youngest son 'borrowing' our garden for a 2 year olds birthday party complete with bouncy castle! Quick swim this morning then cake making session later.

Pittcity Thu 11-Aug-16 08:29:06

Good morning from rainy Colchester. Decided to stay under the duvet this morning, makes a change from being too hot.
Pootling until sun comes out later and then out for a walk.
Hope it's dry in Rio so I can watch tennis later.

Badenkate Thu 11-Aug-16 08:32:13

Grey AGAIN here in N Shropshire - not too sure when summer is really going to start up here sad. Quiet morning and then helping long-term unemployed with computer skills this afternoon. Where do you live PRINTMISS? It's always nice to get a picture of what the weather is like all over the country - and beyond.

NfkDumpling Thu 11-Aug-16 08:44:02

Morning All

Wet and dark first thing here in Norfolk. So much so that I fell asleep again on the sofa with the two dogs and was nearly late to pick up DGD2. Luckily DH woke in time!

We had intended to go to a Roman dig nearby but it's rather too soggy, so DGD wants to go swimming instead. I fear it may be rather crowded.

Greyduster Thu 11-Aug-16 09:05:28

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A sunny start in St. David's this morning. We had a wet afternoon yesterday but managed to get a barbecue in in the evening. Today we are on the coast path again, but lovely as this place is, I will be ready to go home on Saturday. Having both my adult children in one place for a whole week is starting to fray my nerves somewhat!! I only love them in small doses! Have a good day, folks.

Lupin Thu 11-Aug-16 09:18:36

Hello Everyone.
I hope I'm not butting into an established chat group here, and that newcomers are welcome. Apologies if I have.
It's the same story weatherwise in Suffolk. There have been raindrops. The impending heatwave promised for next week doesn't sound that inviting either. I shall lurk in the shade somewhere when it arrives.
I'm going into town later to sign up for some Autumn courses.
I like the sound of that Roman dig, but don't live anywhere near it. It's something I'd like to try if my knees would co-operate.

gma Thu 11-Aug-16 09:42:54

Soggy and damp here earlier but dry now and overcast! DH hoping to go fishing, and I am taking Grand daughter to see BFG! Grandsons all at scout camp until tomorrow, so quite quiet about here!!!!!!
NIce to have a cooler spell!

NotTooOld Thu 11-Aug-16 10:16:11

Rain early this morning in the West Midlands but now overcast and a bit chilly. I believe the weather forecast is quite good for later on. Two grandchildren here today.

whitewave Thu 11-Aug-16 10:44:44

Good morning

Bit late this morning - been online trying to decide about some new roses!

Brightest on South Downs. Dry anyway. So out to plant a new Viburnam plicatum, and continue to cut back a clematis cirrhosis which I've let go mad.
The rambler that I completely mullered about a month ago is looking really healthy and trying to put back all the growth!!!!! I really must keep it in check this time. The good thing is that it has let all the sun in onto the bed so I am planning a new shrub bed - hence the Viburnam. All the shade loving stuff is being moved or given to DS. DD has absolutely no interest in her garden at all - so given over to grass, dogs and football! Which is rather lovely.

Badenkate Thu 11-Aug-16 11:18:46

Hi Lupin nice to meet you. You're very welcome. Suffolk is a lovely place. We had a holiday there a few years ago - the first time either of us had been there and really liked it. Unfortunately it's not easy getting there from Shropshire sad

ninathenana Thu 11-Aug-16 11:47:45

Lupin welcome to GN and you along with anyone else are very welcome to post on this thread smile
The only bit of unspoken etiquette is we wait for 12Michael (Mick) to do the OP ( opening post). smile

kittylester Thu 11-Aug-16 15:28:35

And, we worry if he doesn't!!smile

Welcome Lupin.