Gransnet forums

Chat

Ooooo, I'm definitely going to......

(34 Posts)
Kateykrunch Fri 12-Aug-16 17:52:20

Have a treacle sandwich before the weekend is out, yum lol.

Tizliz Mon 15-Aug-16 12:35:20

KatyK no don't wet it, wipe over the area first with a damp cloth and use the e-cloth for polishing. They can be used wet but seems pointless as you can't polish with it - I have two so that when one gets damp I can use the other (this is for the once a year event when I clean the glass on all our pictures).

M0nica Mon 15-Aug-16 10:25:57

I always recommend cookers with black drip trays because the dirt doesn't show (its the slattern in me)

I restrict my treacle consumption to licking the spoon when using it in cooking. I love cleaning off the black treacle spoon when I make my Christmas cake and puddings. So enjoyable because it is an occasional treat.

I used to love treacle on hot toast as a child, but then I also liked sandwich spread sandwiches.

annodomini Sun 14-Aug-16 17:37:47

Have a chunk of baguette and butter with my healthy Greek salad. Waitrose had baguettes reduced to 22p this afternoon. I could hardly ignore those, could I?

shysal Sun 14-Aug-16 16:47:01

I have well and truly fallen off the low carb wagon this weekend. Yesterday I had potato and bread and today I bought a pack of toasting waffles, which I like with butter and honey or golden syrup.blush

KatyK Sun 14-Aug-16 16:11:15

Tizliz I have one of those clothes. It was given to me with my new black and white kitchen. I have no instructions. Do I need to wet it?

Tizliz Sun 14-Aug-16 15:58:01

Cherrytree59 you want one of these www.lakeland.co.uk/7542/E-Cloth-Glass-Window-Cleaning-and-Polishing-Cloth?gclid=CLaAreOUwc4CFaoy0wodm4wNhw&src=gfeed&s_kwcid=AL!49!3!106725449909!!!g!42887480424!&ef_id=V6WtYAAAARxtt7l4:20160814145454:s sorry for the untidy link.

I use this on my black microwave and it really works.

Swanny Sun 14-Aug-16 15:10:27

Just demolished two cupcakes with lashings of butter icing on top. Made them with DGS after he told me they were his favourites - what he neglected to say was he only liked the topping! Sent some home with him for mum and dad but I couldn't chuck the last ones in the bin, now could I? They looked and tasted far too sweet grin

I can remember as a child being given sugar sandwiches for tea - no wonder I've had such poor teeth ...

rubylady Sun 14-Aug-16 14:55:22

Thank you Willow, I will do. smile flowers

POGS Sun 14-Aug-16 10:57:46

blush.

Teetime Sun 14-Aug-16 10:33:43

NO pogs that is gross - cant try that one. shock

POGS Sun 14-Aug-16 10:30:56

I have recently been introduced to golden syrup on a garlic naan bread with a curry.

I initially thought No that's so wrong but I tried it and loved it. confused

Auntieflo Sun 14-Aug-16 09:03:30

My weekend treat is a Belgian bun

kittylester Sun 14-Aug-16 08:03:58

My weekend treat is golden syrup on gf crumpets - well gf crumpets aren't really a treat but you get my drift.

Willow500 Sun 14-Aug-16 05:38:30

Ruby I have a black shiny fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer and tumble drier. Yes they do show dust and cat hair but are easily cleaned and the fridge doesn't show any more marks than the silver one we have - go for it grin
Re treacle - used to love golden syrup on Yorkshire pudding when I was a child and also used to make a mean treacle tart but it's too sweet for me now as well as the guilt of eating all that sugar sad

rubylady Sun 14-Aug-16 00:28:58

You've all just ruined my dream! sad

Andyf Sat 13-Aug-16 21:31:58

I've learned my lesson with shiny anything in the kitchen. I'm forever polishing the cream shiny unit doors. I thought it was a good idea at the time. Thank goodness for Betterware smear free window foam.

Mumsy Sat 13-Aug-16 15:06:24

Stainless steel fridges are just as bad, I had a stainless steel toaster and kettle and I was forever polishing them!

Cherrytree59 Sat 13-Aug-16 14:53:23

Ruby No no please think twice re shiny black fridge go to the shop and put your fingers all over it! grin
Our fridge/freezer broke down last summer we needed one quick.
Currys had offer on and could deliver.
It was black.
It is the bane (sp?) Of my life.
Its the only fridge/freezer I have had to polish!
DH has now retired so have passed this duty on to him.
This morning he has used car polish on it and its still streaky in places.

If you do buy one, the only way I can think of you keeping it pristine is to wear gloveshmm

Re sandwich. Had golden syrup sandwiches as a child. But now too sweet.
Having said that I do like a
Frys cream sandwich every now and again.
So when you have your treacle sandwich katie I think I might join you with my frys choc sandwich.
Weekends are ok for sugar rush

pensionpat Sat 13-Aug-16 12:41:08

When I was a girl it was common to have a sandwich/piece of condensed milk with treacle. It was called conny-onny. Sounds disgusting now.

shysal Sat 13-Aug-16 09:50:18

I have bought a cheese and Marmite loaf at my local bakery. I am going to toast a thick slice and eat it just warm with a thick layer of real butter!
I love toasted white bread with butter and Golden Syrup, but try to resist. At least I shan't be able to have it on today's loaf!

hulahoop Sat 13-Aug-16 09:37:44

Used to love treacle sandwiches but think it's too sweet now enjoy katycrunch

Teetime Sat 13-Aug-16 09:11:58

Rubylady we had a shiny black fridge which drove me mad as I could always see smudges and finger marks no matter how much I cleaned and polished. I sold it on e-bay and now have a silver one on which I cannot see marks.

rubylady Sat 13-Aug-16 04:07:53

. . . buy myself a shiny black fridge when my son leaves! grin

Ana Fri 12-Aug-16 22:08:21

And me, these days. Used to love golden syrup on toast when I was young though.

merlotgran Fri 12-Aug-16 22:05:34

Far too sweet for me.