Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Sun 14-Aug-16 06:40:08

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright and dry at the moment in Brackley, have slight handicap this morning, I cut my right hand right finger from middle using a mandolin on Friday, but visited the A & E at Banbury yesterday to get it properly done, having made a 111 call, so they knew I was due got bandage redone, and out within 2 hours of getting there thanks to using the 111 system.
Mick

annsixty Sun 14-Aug-16 07:22:21

Good morning all.
Very autumnal feel here in Stockport, I am being well looked after now my D is here.

annsixty Sun 14-Aug-16 07:24:11

Sorry Mick, hope yourhand soon heals,hope you didn't need stitches

kittylester Sun 14-Aug-16 07:40:21

Good morning Mick, morning Ann!

It's quite cloudy here in North Leicestershire which is good as we need to have a final push on the front garden before DD2 and children arrive for a week. DD'S husband is refitting the downstairs loo so they are jumping ship! It will be lovely to have them here but nothing much will get some.

I hope your hand doesn't give you too much trouble Mick and I'm so pleased you have help, Ann. Take care.

NfkDumpling Sun 14-Aug-16 07:56:19

Morning All

High cloud here in Norfolk, but still warm. Very loud fireworks after a Blickling concert and a loud live band at the nearby social club meant a noisy evening last night and then the dogs woke me just after five this morning. I'm quite glad we're taking them back to DD1 in Aylesbury today. We've had our dog fix and I'm looking forward to a lay in!

It'll be nice to see DGDs 2 & 3 if only for a short day, we don't see much of them.

NfkDumpling Sun 14-Aug-16 08:00:03

Sorry to hear about your mishap Mick. I hope it isn't too bad and sore. I gave my mandolin away as I found it too efficient at removing skin as well as carrot!

Nana3 Sun 14-Aug-16 08:15:31

Good morning.
Wishing a speedy recovery to Mick and ann.
Overcast in Lancashire at the moment, hoping for an improvement.
Have a good day everyone.

Badenkate Sun 14-Aug-16 08:16:05

Good morning everyone from Loch Rannoch. Here for a week and hoping to get some sun. At the moment it's cloudy but dry. Dog walking and relaxing are today's jobs! Hope your hand isn't too sore Mick

Newquay Sun 14-Aug-16 08:32:46

Ouch Mick-hope it gets better soon?
Overcast here in Staffordshire but should be brighter later.
Church this morning-back in (large) church/community hub this morning as many are away on holiday. Since last Christmas we've had to have two services in a nearby school leaving one service in the church building as it was too cramped so it's good to be back as one service in one building meeting up with folks.

Greyduster Sun 14-Aug-16 08:45:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Hope that heals soon, Mick. I got a deep finger cut the first day of our holiday and it was a real nuiscance for a few days, and it bled like the devil. A cloudy start here in South Yorkshire. It was nice to wake up in my own bed, but I missed sitting outside with my first coffee of the day watching wild ponies ranging over e slopes of Carn Llidi. Loads of washing to keep me occupied today!

ninathenana Sun 14-Aug-16 09:13:41

Morning all
Late getting here today as GC stayed last night and the usual chaos this morning. It's dull in N Kent but I think it's trying to break through.
Speedy recovery Mick.

Pittcity Sun 14-Aug-16 09:35:22

Good morning from sunny Colchester.
DDs and families coming for bbq lunch so DH is cleaning the bbq and there are some strange smells wafting through the window.
Looking forward to the tennis final this evening.
My mandolin went to the charity shop when I cut a chunk out of my finger too Mick and nfk

whitewave Sun 14-Aug-16 09:55:45

Morning everyone.

Bet that is sore Mick.

How are you doing anne?

Another lovely day here.
DiLs Fathers funeral tomorrow which is sad. Must sort out white shirt and black tie for DH today.

I shall spend the day pottering once again. Beginning to tidy for the Autumn - time goes too quickly.

PRINTMISS Sun 14-Aug-16 10:02:44

A very late good morning to you all, I played bowls yesterday afternoon for the first time in ages, and I have aches in places I never knew I had, but it was a lovely afternoon.
When you said you cut your finger on a mandolin Mick I wondered how you managed to do that on a musical instrument, then I realised! Hope it heals well.
Ann60 how lovely to be looked after for a change - make the most of it. BLISS!
We are enjoying another glorious morning, and the forecast is for it to be hot. Our son is coming for lunch so it will be DVD all day for him, He has a raucous laugh, and it is good to hear.
Enjoy your days.

Gagagran Sun 14-Aug-16 10:30:31

Morning all! Blimey Mick you sound quite "cheffy" using a mandoline! They scare me so I stick to a knife and chunks instead of thin slices!

Good that your DD is looking after you Ann and I hope that you are improving each day. Will your DH enjoy having her with you? I know mine would - our DD is a daddy's girl.

Enjoy your holidays all those of you on them and the rest of us will send some nice weather your way. It has been a nice week here on SE Hampshire coast and a good forecast too.

Happy day everyone sunshine

2Nannypat Sun 14-Aug-16 14:05:53

Oh crikey! sorry about that Mick, I get cold shivers
watching people use mandolins.