Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(18 Posts)
Gagagran Sun 21-Aug-16 10:46:51

Good morning everyone and great to hear you sounding more chipper Ann60. Upwards and onwards now! Hope your DH is settling down now that you are back home.

My DS has been staying with us overnight and is taking us out for lunch today. It has been wonderful to have some time just with him. Much as I love his 2 girls and DiL they do tend to dominate the conversation and he slips into the background. On his own, he's my boy again and I can indulge him and be his Mum again and we can chat. Love it!

Feels a bit autumnal here today on the south coast and it's still breezy and overcast but not cold.

Happy days all! sunshine

Mildred Sun 21-Aug-16 10:11:39

Good morning all grey in Liverpool, that's wonderful news Ann60

AlieOxon Sun 21-Aug-16 10:00:37

Mornin' all. Not here often but I do have to ask, where is my rain??? I will have to water (drag) unless it shapes up here!

hildajenniJ Sun 21-Aug-16 09:58:02

Good morning everyone.
It's grey but dry at present. Yesterday we had periods of torrential rain. DS is coming for a roast beef dinner at 1:30 so I'll have to start prep before long.
Have a good day everyone.

Nelliemoser Sun 21-Aug-16 09:50:56

Good morning all. I heard it really pouring with rain several times last night but I have to say it did not really keep me awake.

annsixty Sun 21-Aug-16 09:44:31

Good morning all.
In spite of the rain here in Stockport a better day.
I have been upstairs for the first time since getting home. I have been sleeping in the dining room with all my bits and pieces round me. Should get dressing removed and stitches snipped tomorrow and then I can have a shower.
Oh happy day.

Pittcity Sun 21-Aug-16 09:23:24

Good morning from a sunny but windy Colchester. That said, it has clouded over.
Late up after dinner and wine at a friend's last night.
Nothing planned except a Sunday Roast, leg of lamb from Aldi.

kittylester Sun 21-Aug-16 09:01:37

Morning all. What torrential rain overnight but the sky is bright with sun this morning. Although there are ominous dark clouds in the distance.

We had an interesting nightast night. We had 4 dgc (cousins)sharing the room that is nicknamed the dorm as all our children were having a night out together. The littlest one (almost 3) wouldn't stay in bed so there was bedlam until we removed her. Then, as I was going to bed, the 4 year old started to cry. He had had diarrhoea in the ready beg, on the carpet, all over himself etc. It's quite difficult to clean up in the dark and without waking the others up!!

I feel like a piece of chewed string but, needless to say, they are bouncing off the walls! confused

Enjoy your days everyone especially nina.

PRINTMISS Sun 21-Aug-16 09:00:15

Good morning all, still a heavy wind blowing, and just noticed one of our tubs has been blown over, must go to sort it out when I am suitably dressed. Not a lot planned for today, after bowling in the wind all yesterday afternoon I am a little shattered. Enjoy your days.

NfkDumpling Sun 21-Aug-16 08:47:41

Morning All

Grey and blustery still in deepest Norfolk. Hopefully it'll improve a bit by this afternoon as we intend to go for a nosy around Oxnead Hall gardens which are open for the NGS this afternoon.

Greyduster Sun 21-Aug-16 08:36:06

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A lovely sunny start here in South Yorkshire. The rain was welcome yesterday but GS is playing football this morning, so glad it's dry. They are coming for lunch after and then we are going for a walk (I'm told!). There are lots of ripe blackberries I noticed yesterday - might take a plastic bag! Have a good day folks.

Nana3 Sun 21-Aug-16 08:23:01

Good morning Mick and everyone.
Patches of blue sky out there in Lancashire.
No plans as yet.
Enjoyed Swallows and Amazons yesterday with GC aged 10 and 12, would recommend it.
Enjoy your day everyone.

NanKate Sun 21-Aug-16 07:50:19

Morning Mick and All,

Brightening up here in the Thames Valley.

Finishing all the food left in the fridge after a week entertaining our 5 and 3 year old GSs. So it will be sausage casserole plus a glass of Merlot.

Have a good day folks.

ninathenana Sun 21-Aug-16 07:45:16

Morning all.
Very grey in N Kent with a strong breeze rather than the near gales yesterday.
Some baking to do with the GC later and roast dinner which they love.

cornergran Sun 21-Aug-16 07:29:36

Morning All. Grey start in our corner of Somerset, blowing a gale and a coastal,flood warning. It could be November! Should be brighter later for a while, hope so as have garden re-vamp to get on with. No laundry today, makes a change. grin. Hope Sunday is kind to you

whitewave Sun 21-Aug-16 07:26:48

Morning.

You two have been busy! I'm still in bed -but will be up soon. Looks dull out. Hopefully the wind has died down. It nearly blew me away walking the dog over the hills.
Making a chicken and mushroom lasagne as part of Italian evening for sons birthday on Wednesday. It will go into the freezer then get cooked on the day.

MaggieMay60 Sun 21-Aug-16 07:13:01

Good Morning
Dull start here in the Fens, but washing in the machine, nice cuppa in hand and ready to watch the news.

12Michael Sun 21-Aug-16 06:20:12

Good Morning Everyone,
its a calm wind blowing but looks bright in the sky this morning, despite the greyness over Brackley, washing in washing machine in laundrette, my usual Sunday routine.
Mick