Gransnet forums

Chat

I know it's been talked about before.......

(7 Posts)
Nonnie Thu 22-Sep-16 17:00:56

Baden yes, worth complaining, there are online places you can go and check on numbers too.

Badenkate Thu 22-Sep-16 16:31:27

After getting 4 from the same number in one day, I got in touch with a very nice man from Ofcom who took down all details and said they built up a file of complaints against each number so that action could be taken. He also said that they would be grateful to receive any information about any number that was causing a problem like this so that they could start new files if necessary.

Jalima Thu 22-Sep-16 16:06:47

Be careful - sister-in-law replied to one which left a message on her answerphone then noticed a bill for £30 on her next statement!

whitewave Thu 22-Sep-16 16:03:36

We have a Bt phone which stops every single one of those calls.

Alima Thu 22-Sep-16 15:52:22

Yes, they are a blooming pain, once they get your number they can keep going for days. The last time we had a human call like that we were waiting for a call from the hospital. Didn't realise I could still shout so loud. No swearing either. At least it put paid to them for a while.

Jane10 Thu 22-Sep-16 15:50:10

I've been lucky today. 'They' seem to have temporarily forgotten to phone me. I nearly tripped and fell trying to answer the other day. My knee is bad enough without those *****s and their illegal phone calls! Ooh. I enjoyed that rant too!angry

ninathenana Thu 22-Sep-16 15:35:49

I just need a rant.
Five times today I've been called on the land line with one of those calls where they hang up without speaking.
I've just dialed 1471 taken the number to call and give them a piece of my mind !!
"the number you have called has not been recognized" now if it said with held it would make sense. Yes I did double check I'd written it right.
All this with the useless caller preference set up too angry