Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Sunday

(14 Posts)
12Michael Sun 02-Oct-16 06:55:01

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a dry and bright start here in Brackley this morning, after yesterdays weather.
Mick

thatbags Sun 02-Oct-16 06:59:07

Morning, Mick! and everyone. Cold night here: down to 4°, but lovely stars when I woke up about an hour ago. There is sea mist rolling in but, hopefully, the sun will clear it later.

If my shoulders can hack it, more wall painting is in store for me today. MrBags is off out on a photography meetup to slow shutter photograph water. He asked if I wanted to come but I don't like the current fashion for photos of water all blurred. I like water in photos to look like what I see.

ninathenana Sun 02-Oct-16 07:00:09

Morning Mick and everyone
We had the most rain I've seen here for weeks yesterday in N Kent. Even then it was less than expected.
At the moment it's grey but sunshine is forecast

Nana3 Sun 02-Oct-16 07:08:17

Good morning everyone.
Isn't your first cuppa of the day just wonderful.
Clear skies at the moment in Lancashire, hope it lasts as we're planning to harvest our apples. A visit to Mum also today.
Hope you all have a good day.

kittylester Sun 02-Oct-16 07:21:31

Good morning all.

It's grey and drippy yet again in North Leicestershire. We had huge amounts of rain yesterday but today the forecast is for sun. That is a relief as we are going to a barbecue for littlest DGS'S 3rd birthday.

hildajenniJ Sun 02-Oct-16 07:29:32

Good morning everyone.
It's a cold, bright start to the day in Tynedale. My OH had a lovely day with our grandchildren yesterday. He went for GS 1's eighth birthday.
I agree with you bags about fancy photography.
Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

whitewave Sun 02-Oct-16 07:35:54

Morning everyone

Yes nina same here on the Downs. Really heavy showers in-between the sun.
Today forecast dry so out into the garden.
all the plants must be so pleased with the rain ☔

Greyduster Sun 02-Oct-16 07:48:08

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. The sun is shining here in South Yorkshire and we are off later to watch GS play football, but it's an away match so we have a bit of a drive. I hope my photography is better than it was at the cross country yesterday. I took two videos and they were so fast all the runners were a blur!! Don't know what I pressed for that to happen! Have a good day, folks.

Pittcity Sun 02-Oct-16 07:58:58

Good morning from a cloudy and breezy Colchester. Some rain on and off here but nothing significant.
The first cuppa of the day IS bliss Nana3
After an exhausting but fun day at the grape harvest yesterday I am planning a quiet Sunday and catching up on admin and ironing.

annsixty Sun 02-Oct-16 08:04:16

Good morning all.
A clear,bright but frosty start in Stockport.
Nothing planned here "for a change"!!!

NfkDumpling Sun 02-Oct-16 08:06:29

Morning All

April weather here (I wish! We were caught out yesterday by unexpected heavy rain. It'd been a lovely day and we blithely wandered off without our coats and black clouds suddenly came in with a high wind, torrential rain, thunder and lightening. This morning when I came down it was chucking it down again, but now the dark clouds are scudding away and the blue coming back.

We're off to a friends for lunch today. I'll be taking my mac!

Olympia Sun 02-Oct-16 08:21:17

Good morning all from sunny Torquay! "Persuading" my husband to keep up with my walking programme to get him/us fitter after his heart attack in May and a walk on the prom looks good with a nice coffee at the end. Hope all GN's have some lovely time today. Enjoy the last (maybe!) of this fine weather.

grannypiper Sun 02-Oct-16 08:25:24

Good morning from frosty but sunny South Ayrshire, we are in for a glorious day.

harrigran Sun 02-Oct-16 09:21:59

Good morning from the sunny north east.
GC were here yesterday after youngest had been to get her new Brownie uniform, she had to put it straight on to show me.