Gransnet forums

Chat

Soop's kindly kitcheners and pampered pets...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sun 23-Oct-16 18:41:58

Here we are again...
happy as can be
all good friends and jolly good company.
Never mind the weather,
never mind the rain,
as long as we're together...Woops she goes again.

A big, warm welcome and please continue to enjoy the companionship.

wine cupcake and smile until I return tomorrow. x

Charleygirl Sat 03-Dec-16 13:21:19

How old is your grandson Greyduster? He has done very well.

soop I hope that you are looking after Rory and his needs.

soop Sat 03-Dec-16 13:21:00

Kettle is boiling. Teapot warmed. Cushions plumped. Ribbon ready for cutting. grin

soop Sat 03-Dec-16 13:19:52

I've washed all the tartan rugs. Ready and waiting for those who like to have cosy knees when sharing a brew and cupcake .

soop Sat 03-Dec-16 13:17:48

Nelliem Wot! No baked beans? That is sooooooooooo rubbishy.

Greyduster You will be feeling rightly chuffed with your grandson's latest achievement. Crow on! ^Us lot* do it all the time. It's good to have something happy to crow about.

DaphneB You are a sweetie. MacSporran has made yet another prize-winning loaf. All warm and crusty. A huge buttered slice would go very nicely with a bowl of your special soup.

Charleygirl Sat 03-Dec-16 13:15:49

soop it was the height of nastiness in my opinion. Will be attempt to close this kitchen and have a restful day?

soop Sat 03-Dec-16 13:11:22

wot You take good care of yourself. I'd love to share a hot buttered muffin with you right now.

Charleyg You may not believe me but, I'm not easily shocked. Naming individuals in such a spiteful manner made me feel sicker than I am right now.
I shall most certainly not be straying too far from the kitchen this afternoon.

I'm about to flick a virtual duster over the virtual furniture so that you lot have a cosy, peaceful, cat-hair-free spot in which to loll.

Bags We hope that you'll honour the opening of the new kitchen (when the time is right) by supplying us with a vast quantity of your delicious flapjacks.

DaphneBroon Sat 03-Dec-16 13:10:12

roastchicken soup, even!

DaphneBroon Sat 03-Dec-16 13:09:28

Soop please, please retire to your bed
I will be round with a pot of [chicken] soup (Jewish penicillin) in a wee while.
We do not need you to be poorly-you are our inspiration!

Greyduster Sat 03-Dec-16 13:05:47

Soop, I have never been in your kitchen before but may I come in and say that I have just watched my grandson come 29th in a field of over 200 in the Sheffield Junior Schools Cross Country. He has pulled up thirty places from last time he ran and we were so proud of him. I have to admit I was grumbling about having to get up this morning before the sun had put his head over the horizon, but it was worth it! If a little crowing is not permitted, please forgive me! ? Sorry. To hear you are under the weather flowers.

Nelliemoser Sat 03-Dec-16 13:04:20

I did a little bit of work in the garden and planted up some new plug plants that have arrived. I wrapped up really warm but my fingers are still cold. I am staying in now apart from driving four miles to our nearest Waitrose to "collect my click" DD's christmas present.

I am reading lots of recipes to find a no meat for me and him and a no pulses, or egg, high tea savoury dish that the little one can eat. Cheese and potatoes look like a promising place to start. I will be experimenting before then.
My little DGSs will arrive on the 27th or such.
The toddler developed allergies a few months ago. He cannot even eat baked beans for heavens sake. It is hard to bring up a child without resorting to baked beans?

Charleygirl Sat 03-Dec-16 12:47:49

soop it sounds as though you should either retire to bed or sit in an armchair, cosy, with a hot drink and a bone idle cat on your lap. I do hope that you feel well soon.

Charleygirl Sat 03-Dec-16 12:46:02

soop I am pleased that you have had a look at the thread also. How can people be so rude and extremely personal about GNs who are pleasant, intelligent and very helpful when others have problems. I fully expect Shanma to be sitting in the wings watching what her vitriol has done. Best be shot of her methinks.

wot Sat 03-Dec-16 12:44:44

Oh Soop, please take care of yourself and get well again. I send you good vibes. I've been feeling under par since going on statins and changing my diet. Missing the whole milk and muffins!!

soop Sat 03-Dec-16 12:29:43

Hello you lovely lot. The day has started off kindly and calmly. We did walk, but not as far as we usually do. I feel yuckee. Fibromyalgia paining me with almost every move. Nausea and feeling spaced-out possibly due to all the medication I'm on. Hey ho, indeed, bags, on the whole, I've a mountain of reasons to be grateful. End of the "poor me" waffle.

kitty I like your style. Okay, Christmas Day will be quietish. Never mind...the 27th will more than make up for things. Lots of good stuff in store.

NanaandGrampy The card will be a joy. Please show us nosy lot when it's finished. Isn't it wonderful to have 'a best friend EVER'

Charleyg I shall take a look at the thread that has upset you. In the meantime, eat cake (if there's any going spare!)

Charleygirl Sat 03-Dec-16 10:08:18

kitty you me and wot maybe should stay well clear of nastiness on that thread- totally uncalled for and because many have been named I am amazed that the thread has not been deleted- others have been for less.

we like your poems Daphne I know that you would rise above such insults but it may have caught you on a bad day at home and hopefully you were not upset by it. Good riddance to bad rubbish as the saying goes.

Daphne you must be so pleased to be seeing Flynn again- he really is delightful. I, like soop will be looking forward to more photos.

thatbags Sat 03-Dec-16 09:41:46

I hope those antibios are kicking in this morning, soop flowers

I agree that thirteen colds (one a week on average, I reckon) is too many but I think my immune system is OK because it deals with them robustly. None of the thirteen colds has been a bad one. They are just a drag, along with the ME and fibromyalgia.. Sometimes I wonder how much of the cold thing is complicated by perennial rhinitis. I was cutting and snapping and dead-hedging giant fuchsia yesterday. It's very sappy wood. I must have breathed in some of its atoms ¿?¿?¿?. Hey ho.

Misty today but not raining. I might do some more...

Rhubarb crumble and cold custard over on the corner table for anyone who needs a comforting snackeroo.

NanaandGrampy Sat 03-Dec-16 09:22:26

Morning all !

Back into the swing of things today !

Daphne That pie sounds delicious- is it a hot water crust ? I've never tried it but am in awe of your skills !! Will there be pictures ? As an aside I had a ploughman's lunch whilst I was away and the pork pie served with it was warm... very unexpected !!

Your visitors will perk you up but 13 colds is too many. I am with soop you need to boost your immune system .

The nastiest thread this morning in my opinion is entitled 'This will please many of you' in case you need a fix read with your coffee wot. I never understand the need for people to post that they're leaving and then list everyone's faults lol in the words of the song 'If you've gotta go - go now ' I say smile

Today for me is a little crafting , I am not happy with the card I made Jackson ( its his 5th birthday on Monday) so will redo that and then we are off to a surprise late lunch at TGI Fridays ( his choice) . Only drawback is that his best friend EVER , his cousin Stevie is poorly and it looks like my eldest daughter and her family can't attend . But I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

cornergran Sat 03-Dec-16 08:12:50

Nosy? Certainly not, just interested ! grin.

kittylester Sat 03-Dec-16 07:49:16

wot, it was the Refugee one but I expect others have turned overnight.

Can I join the nosy old biddy club please - though I prefer to call it being a student of human nature! grin

Charleygirl Fri 02-Dec-16 21:44:28

wot you have a kindred spirit here- I also want to know!

Tara came home this evening resembling a drowned rat. Naturally she went to my bed to dry off.

Bellanonna Fri 02-Dec-16 19:10:32

Agree nancyma and get better soon soop

wot Fri 02-Dec-16 18:46:02

I admit to being a nosy old biddy, but when a poster says a thread has gone nasty and I can't find which one it is, it's frustrating!! ??

kittylester Fri 02-Dec-16 18:17:54

Just popping in before dinner to see how everyone is and to discover yet another thread has gone nasty! Flipping heck!

My Mum once said that I was a beep beep Pollyanna but I do worry about people who need to be horrid all the time and would rather look on the bright side of life - cue song!!

Having said that we have had sad news in abundance during this week and I've been a bit down (but not argumentative!) so DD1 and I went for lunch at a fabulous independent, really old fashioned shop in Derby which was full of ladies who lunch!! We haven't had chance to see each other without spouses or children for ages and I feel loads better. I love my DGC dearly but relish time alone with my children too (bad Ma)

Good news about DD2 and Flynn DB and I hope the pie works - I think you are very brave to attempt it.

Glad you had a good break NandG and I'm pleased to see WB back with us. And, some new names too.

Soop, I so sad that you are poorly again - a right buggeration if you ask me. Take care. flowers

Our Christmas has turned topsy turvy as DD2's FiL died on Thursday and she feels they should be with her MiL for Christmas. So, rather than all of us going to DD1's for Christmas, it will be just DH, DS1 and I here on Christmas Day, with a big family get together here on 27th. I think Mr Waitrose will be providing our Christmas Day meal so I can concentrate on feeding the hoards on the Tuesday. It's a good job I'm adaptable. grin

Dh and DS1 are at football tonight so I have the house to myself and I'm having lamb chops and baked potato for tea, on my knee in front of the TV, all of which are things DH hates. I might have a sneaky wine too - I know how to live!!

soop Fri 02-Dec-16 17:55:51

Okey dokey I'm away from the 'puter until tomorrow. Stay warm and safe. Thank you for your company. smile moon

soop Fri 02-Dec-16 17:54:01

nancyma smile We shall need another new kitchen very soon. Each one is virtually roomier than the previous. All cakes calorie-free. Likewise the wine wink

That's a lovely photo, bags. I can almost hear the crackle and smell the smoke. Thirteen colds is way beyond too many since late summer. You need a tonic of some kind. My late Nana swore by milk stout. Didn't do her any harm...probably no good either. All in the mind.

DaphneB The raised pie will pass with flying colours. If not, you know where to bring it. Us lot will polish it off in a trice.
As for the planned visit from DD2 and Flynn...I can sense your pleasure. More photos for us to ooh and ahh over.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion