Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(23 Posts)
12Michael Mon 31-Oct-16 06:41:31

Good Morning Everyone,
Its bright but with fog and a grey start here in Brackley this this morning, and its dry otherwise.
Mick

whitewave Mon 31-Oct-16 06:59:45

Morning Mike

Dry here as well. Very autumnal.

Nothing major planned today. Still waiting for the kitchen to be finished and hopefully the electrician will do his stuff today and I can do some much needed washing.

Dogs tum still OK after changing to fish plus a little live yogurt. Will give him two smaller meals daily instead of his usual one.

Going out to purchase a kitchen blind.

Enjoy your day folks

kittylester Mon 31-Oct-16 07:00:04

Morning Mick, morning all.

It's misty and murky in North Leicestershire this morning.

I'm having my hair done first thing which is very fitting as I have a lunch date with Teddy, my 3 week old great nephew! Between times I am off to JL for a bra fitting! grin

Enjoy your Mondays and let's hope for less acrimony on GN today.

kittylester Mon 31-Oct-16 07:00:45

Morning ww.

whitewave Mon 31-Oct-16 07:03:14

grin morning [kitty]

whitewave Mon 31-Oct-16 07:04:18

kitty

ninathenana Mon 31-Oct-16 07:11:52

Morning all
Another dull dismal but dry start in N Kent it's getting boring now.
Going to Maidstone today for a bit of C*******s shopping.
Can we type that word yet thlsmile ?

NfkDumpling Mon 31-Oct-16 07:52:04

Morning All

Foggy, still and drippy in my bit of Norfolk. And still quite warm. Unnaturally so. No dry out, so I'm adding to the warming by running the tumble drier. Sheets changed, washing done, house cleaned. Ironing today.

The DGDs from Aylesbury have been to stay for five nights. Their first time away from home so we've kept them busy. Cousins and families coming and going. Four dogs coming together too at the weekend so wonderful chaos. Our house seems very quiet - and much bigger this morning. And - I've got my iPad back!

Nana3 Mon 31-Oct-16 07:55:40

Good morning.
Dry and bright in Lancashire. Looking forward to a walk with WI this morning.
Enjoy your day everyone.

Pittcity Mon 31-Oct-16 07:59:39

Good morning from a sunny Colchester. The fog was thick here last night but has gone now.
Walking Netball today and then home to polish my broomstick for tonight. thlgrin

cornergran Mon 31-Oct-16 08:01:00

Morning All. Bit gloomy in our corner of Somerset but sun forecast later. Paperwork for me today so procrastination will rule grin. Hope Monday is kind to you.

annsixty Mon 31-Oct-16 08:03:27

Good morning all.
Bright and sunny in Stockport. I am going for a DEXA scan this morning so must get my skates on.
I think you can start using the C word tomorrow nina when Nov comes in.

thatbags Mon 31-Oct-16 08:15:47

Morning, folks! Paint is on the cards today: the sample I tried isn't quite right so I'll have to try another. Also lots of tedious chores. Hey ho.

Happy days, dudes!

aggie Mon 31-Oct-16 08:24:18

Morning all dull morning in Co Armagh

Greyduster Mon 31-Oct-16 08:26:53

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I think we will have a bright day in South Yorkshire today. Have to pop into town later to pick up my fifty year old Granton knife, with its newly repaired handle, from the cutlers (I love the fact that we still have small cutlers in the city. They have been there since Chaucer's day and long may they continue). I hope now that the knife will be used for another fifty years (even if not by me!). We have the school run his afternoon. Have a good day folks.

Swanny Mon 31-Oct-16 08:40:53

Morning all. 'A Foggy Day in London Town' tra-la. The sun is supposed to be breaking through by now but no sign of it yet. Temperature still very mild but forecast to drop quite a lot through the week. Someone told me there is likely to be a frost tonight so must get the last of my plants sorted today. Enjoy your day whatever you are doing brew

Oldgreymare Mon 31-Oct-16 09:07:46

Good morning everyone, especially Bags who wondered where I had been.
It's Monday so bathroom cleaning. Who am I kidding? One small bathroom and one smaller bathless room.
However now side-tracked by Alan Bennett (Radio 4) for the next hour.

AlieOxon Mon 31-Oct-16 09:14:41

Today is house valuation day - after the one next door, last year derelict, has been revamped and is now apparently sold. (It looks a lot better, but very stark and not like a family home...doesn't have 'kerb appeal' to me)

So I am, still wondering just what time it is today now the hour has changed, thinking what have I not done and can I do it, probably not. Oh well.
House looks better anyway and I have discovered a ton of stuff which will go to the charity shop!

AlieOxon Mon 31-Oct-16 10:15:21

Sorry - completely forgot to say Good Morning all!
Must have a one-track mind..

sue1169 Mon 31-Oct-16 12:40:57

Oh Beautiful day here in Bolton.in the garden(south facing)eating lunch!!!

Lindill49 Mon 31-Oct-16 13:12:48

Can anyone help on this thread please? I've stopped receiving the daily email update and can't see anywhere on the site to reinstate it.

thatbags Mon 31-Oct-16 13:20:12

I'm not sure how to do it, lindill, but I'm sure that if you email HQ at "[email protected]" someone will be able to help you.

Yo, ogm! ?

Lindill49 Mon 31-Oct-16 14:28:01

Thanks thatbags - I couldn't even find a contact address - I think duuhh is the expression!!