Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(19 Posts)
Beammeupscottie Thu 03-Nov-16 11:53:01

Incidentally, I think that walk from the village to Blenheim across Capability Brown's stunning landscape is magical, and takes my breath every time.

Beammeupscottie Thu 03-Nov-16 11:50:20

Freezing in the Midlands. Have put my bay trees to bed for the Winter. Do you need to water if wrapped in fleece?

Roses. We had a great time at Blenheim last week. Listened to Maureen Lipman and Nicholas Parson. Stayed overnight in Woodstock.

rosesarered Thu 03-Nov-16 11:44:05

Sunny Autumnal day here too, went to Blenheim Palace yesterday for long walk in the grounds, have never seen better tree colours as they turn.A bit of gardening today, bringing in all the pelargoniums to keep them for next year ( saves a lot of money)
Putting out more bird seed and sweeping up fallen leaves.DD and SIL coming for meal this evening so need to do a bit of cooking too.Hope you all have a good day.smile

TerriBull Thu 03-Nov-16 10:20:33

Lovely sunny Autumn day here on the edge of London, definitely going for a walk in Bushy Park later to catch the last of the beautiful golden and red leaves, hope the deer are over their rutting season though because boy do they bellow this time of the year, alarming at times. Yesterday was also a sunny day followed by a pink streaked sunset but cold night.

hildajenniJ Thu 03-Nov-16 10:10:19

Morning all.
It's a grey day in the Tyne Valley. Son coming for lunch. Husband has just arrived with the shopping ( ingredients for a curry). Must do my ironing sometime today.
Have a good day everyone.

Luckygirl Thu 03-Nov-16 09:40:39

Mornin' all. It is a bit dull yet here on the Welsh border, but the trees in the wood behind us are looking lovely, and there are smidgens of blue sky trying to appear, so it may improve.

Plumber here putting a new motor in our heating boiler - luckily we have a wood burner to keep away the cold while that is out of action. Since we moved here at the beginning of July, many of the appliances have started to die: dishwasher had to be mended and we have had to replace the shower, two fans in the loft, the fridge and now the boiler motor! There is little left to go wrong - fingers crossed!

I am sounding interesting this morning as I have lost my voice - I sound very seductive!

Swanny Thu 03-Nov-16 09:29:55

Good morning everyone. Lovely sunny crisp start to yesterday and today but rather nippy. The flowering cherry outside my house only has about 2 dozen beautiful red leaves left on it now. Thankfully it hasn't been windy so most of them have just dropped rather than being blown into my garden. I shall 'leave' them for the street cleaner to clear as several dogs deposit their calling cards at the base of that tree and not all owners clean them up angry

Anniebach Thu 03-Nov-16 09:23:26

Good morning all from cold, damp, grey Wales

annsixty Thu 03-Nov-16 09:15:25

Good morning all.
I am very late this morning as I fell asleep again about 8am.
It is dull here in Stockport and rather chilly again.
We have our S staying at the moment so I am getting out more and out with a friend today.

ninathenana Thu 03-Nov-16 08:41:39

Morning all
The sun is trying to break through the thin cloud here in N Kent. Had the heating on for first time last night.
Have a good day everyone

Stansgran Thu 03-Nov-16 08:40:09

2.4 this morning at 8am. Windows covered in condensation. I'm quite excited as I can use my window vac. Should I get out more?

Mildred Thu 03-Nov-16 08:35:13

Good morning from Liverpool, putting the house back together after visit from grandchildren, too tired after they left last night. It's grey in Liverpool but I hope it will brighten like yesterday which was a beautiful day. Picked grandson up from school and had a lovely hug.

Pittcity Thu 03-Nov-16 08:06:52

Good morning from a cold, grey Colchester. I heard DH scraping the windscreen earlier.
Nursing a cough today but hopefully I should be OK to go to the local school firework display tonight as it's usually a good evening.

thatbags Thu 03-Nov-16 07:57:02

Morning, folks! Tis a cold and cloudy morning on the Boggy Brae. Taking a rest from monster fuchsia bashing today in favour of paint and grocery shopping. Some of the shopping is for paint.

In other news, MrBags is going to the dentist for a checkup this morning even though he hasn't had any tooth problems recently. This is the first time in his life he has done this! Oh, don't get me wrong, he went to the dentist regularly (once every ten or fifteen years) before that hmm. Must have pretty good teeth, I guess. My dad used to say, back when NHS dentists were available for everyone, that regular visits to dentists were the difference between working class and middle class. MrB did grow up in a working class family.

Happy days, dudes.

Greyduster Thu 03-Nov-16 07:54:37

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It is cold and grey in South Yorkshire this morning, and we may have some rain later. I have to go into town today to do some shopping. I hate parking in the city centre, so it's a ride on the tram. Yes, Nana3, it is a significant birthday. Can't believe how quickly our babies grow up! Have a good day, folks, whatever you are doing!

nanaK54 Thu 03-Nov-16 07:07:12

Good morning
We seem to have our first frost this morning (SE) brrr!

Nana3 Thu 03-Nov-16 07:07:11

Good morning.
Had trouble posting yesterday, anyway there was frost on my car but non today. DGD is 13 today, a significant birthday don't you think?
Have a good day everyone.

kittylester Thu 03-Nov-16 06:36:52

Morning Mick, morning all!

It's cold and still dark in North Leicestershire.

And, it's Sainsbury's and a visit to mum for me today

Enjoy your days everyone!

12Michael Thu 03-Nov-16 06:33:07

Good Morning Everyone,
Its just starting to brighten up, but looks grey , but dry, here in Brackley.
Should be a nice day.
Mick