Gransnet forums

Chat

Just a thought

(10 Posts)
Shanma Fri 04-Nov-16 19:51:47

Thanks for all the feedback, yes I have tried all of the above, except for the auctions, not easy for me to get to those. I will just keep on looking.

My local GN site? have you seen it, Laura? it is abysmal

LauraGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 04-Nov-16 11:23:53

Maybe try your Gransnet Local site as Cherrytree59 said, Shanma? You'll be able to find it here.

shysal Fri 04-Nov-16 09:05:51

Have you tried Gumtree? I just had a look on North, West and South Yorkshire sites and they all have ladies bikes in a range of prices.
Good luck with your search.

hildajenniJ Fri 04-Nov-16 08:52:12

The last bicycle I owned was sold when we moved here. I do miss riding my bike, but I don't think I will buy another.
My DD got the children bikes at an auction. They were in really good condition and half the price of new ones.

BBbevan Fri 04-Nov-16 08:51:50

We had one, complete with original basket. We sold it on eBay for £10. So look on there and on Gumtree etc. Hope you find one.

rubysong Fri 04-Nov-16 08:45:33

Try local auctions. Bikes like this sometimes crop up when they do house clearances.

Cherrytree59 Fri 04-Nov-16 08:35:21

Ps. As we are plugging local GN at moment have tried on there?

Cherrytree59 Fri 04-Nov-16 08:32:59

Sorry I can't help.
It would be my choice of bicycle.
But I haven't got a little white terrier to put in the basket at the front smile

ninathenana Fri 04-Nov-16 07:18:01

Have you tried your local paper and cards in newsagents.

Shanma Fri 04-Nov-16 00:15:59

Does anyone on here have a good old fashioned " Sit up and beg" bicycle which they may want to sell? if so please send me a message. I live in Yorkshire, but you could always ride it over here and walk back...only kidding. I would of course have to see if the delivery charges were not too much. Have looked on Ebay etc, most of them seem to be buyer collect only, and so far nothing near enough for me to do that.

I await any replies with interest and excitement, Thank You