Gransnet forums

Chat

Feeling sentimental (Christmas related)

(3 Posts)
DaphneBroon Sun 20-Nov-16 18:39:39

I agree - I can think of some fairly horrendous Christmases , some sad, some just disappointing for whatever reason, but if I can give everybody a happy time together that is my aim.

Maggiemaybe Sun 20-Nov-16 14:20:30

Exactly, Witzend. Lovely sentiments, and this is one of my favourite Christmas songs. Apparently it was published during the war years, so would have had even more meaning then.

Witzend Sun 20-Nov-16 10:39:20

I go to a group piano lesson and last week our teacher gave us Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas to play. It was never a particular favourite of mine but have grown to love this version - not particularly difficult but with lots of pedalling, which I'm not best at, so have been practising it a lot.

For the first time - since they're printed right there - I have really noticed the words, and I must be getting old (67!) but one line - 'Through the years we all will be together, if the Fates allow', has really got to me.
At any rate, it's made me determined to enjoy 100% our biggest family Christmas for ages, and not to let any little niggles bother me AT ALL.
Who ever knows what's around the corner?