Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(17 Posts)
PRINTMISS Mon 28-Nov-16 09:51:32

Good morning to you all, it is a brilliant morning here, the sun is very low and it must be difficult driving, however, sitting indoors it is just perfect for a November morning. The pile of ironing continues to grow, and since I had a really decent nights' sleep I think I might be up to that today - the other half always does his shirts, forgets the other things that need doing. Enjoy your days.

hildajenniJ Mon 28-Nov-16 09:05:57

Good morning everyone.
It's grey and overcast in the Tyne Valley. There isn't a breath of wind, everything is still outside, except for the birds. Today I'm going to try for a hair cut, and I must make a dental appointment. I had a reminder about that about two weeks ago?. Now to get the washing going.
Have a good day everyone.

Grangegran1 Mon 28-Nov-16 08:50:41

Good morning everyone from a grey south Cumbria, very wintry sky. A baking day here I think as preparing to visit DD with 4 year old and newborn. have a good day.

loopylou Mon 28-Nov-16 08:43:45

Good morning everyone from a somewhat grey Wiltshire, it's not too cold but set to change according to the weather forecast.
Very quiet day today mainly because I must finish knitting the Christmas present scarf for my DDIL but I will get moving and go for a walk first.

Greyduster Mon 28-Nov-16 08:30:01

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. It looks like it might be a decent day, if cold, today in South Yorkshire. We have an electrician coming this morning to put up a new light fitting in the dining room. The reviews say it Is easy to fit, but nothing ever turns out to be easy in this house, so fingers crossed! Then this afternoon it is first school run of the week. Have a good day, folks.

harrigran Mon 28-Nov-16 08:12:17

Good morning, quite overcast here but well above freezing and no wind.
GD was as good as her word and baked a chocolate cake, iced it and added some very pretty flowers. "junior bake off next year grandma" oh dear not sure my waistline is up to all the calories.

Pittcity Mon 28-Nov-16 08:02:19

Good morning from sunny Colchester. Cold but bright, lovely.
Walking Netball today, I am really enjoying it but need to lie down afterwards.

DaphneBroon Mon 28-Nov-16 07:56:19

Good morning from a clear but cold morning in N Bucks.
Looking forward to seeing friends at my Art History class this afternoon (Damien Hurst -ugh! But you have to keep an open mind) First though I have to pop over to Joules in Olney to pick up a scarf I ordered online for a friend for Christmas. She has been wonderful especially when Grace was poorly last year, but the challenge will be to get out of the shop without buying anything for myself. ??

annsixty Mon 28-Nov-16 07:50:29

Good morning all.
Cold and dark here like most of you. I have blood tests early today and then some shopping while I am out and about.

Nana3 Mon 28-Nov-16 07:30:28

Good morning everyone.
It's looking cloudy but forecast is dry and fine for Lancashire.
WI walk this morning, then visiting Mum.
Hope you all have a good day.

ninathenana Mon 28-Nov-16 07:17:02

Morning all
Still half dark in N Kent but sky looks promising. D will have my car today as hers will be at the garage. So mooching around the house it is !

cornergran Mon 28-Nov-16 07:07:42

Morning Nankate.

cornergran Mon 28-Nov-16 07:07:08

Morning Mick, Aggie, Kitty and All. Dark, cold and dry in our corner of Somerset. Apparently there will be a round, yellow thing in the sky today. Any idea what that might be? Off to be with the littlest today so best get a wriggle on. Hope Monday is kind to you.

NanKate Mon 28-Nov-16 07:04:48

Morning Mick and All.

Dark and cold here too in the Thames Valley.

Kitty hope you had a good weekend away and that your DH is enjoying the start of his retirement. My DH is as busy as ever, but at least he has a choice what he does and when.

Off to Keep Fit, the first time in 9 months having been rather 'poorly'. I shall come back put my feet up, have a coffee and no doubt a nap grin

kittylester Mon 28-Nov-16 06:54:23

Good morning, Mick, morning all.

It's still dark in North Leicestershire and very cold.

Our once a year gardener is coming today to do the hedges and heavy stuff. And, I need to do some Christmas cooking!

aggie Mon 28-Nov-16 06:51:43

Good morning , think it is dry here but still dark

12Michael Mon 28-Nov-16 06:48:38

Good Morning Everyone,
its still dark here in Brackley but its dry and cold with some wind.
Mick