Gransnet forums

Chat

soop's kindly kitcheners and pampered pets...

(1001 Posts)
soop Sat 03-Dec-16 13:24:43

Here we are again
Happy as can be
All good friends and
JOLLY GOOD COMPANY

Welcome...

Charleygirl Tue 17-Jan-17 12:47:21

This is definitely it now

Charleygirl Tue 17-Jan-17 12:47:00

I never could count

Charleygirl Tue 17-Jan-17 12:46:10

This is the end of this thread

cornergran Tue 17-Jan-17 12:33:23

wishing you well wobbly, hope to hear from you again when it seems right

DaphneBroon Tue 17-Jan-17 12:21:29

See my post on the "new" kitchen thread -good luck with the hip and take care. Keep in touch!

Wobblybits Tue 17-Jan-17 09:37:13

Along with a few oters, I think I am done with GN for a while. I'll post again when I've had my hip done, or if someone has there wish, i may not.
Pompa xxx

annodomini Sat 14-Jan-17 19:19:53

I was brought up listening to rugby commentaries on the wireless before TV reached Scotland. My dad had played at University and was a long-standing fan.

DaphneBroon Sat 14-Jan-17 18:48:30

Oh yes soop rugby in the blood, well born and brought up in the Scottish Borders I would be and my late father was Fly-Half of the Sunday Post, as well as writing for other Sunday papers.
I support Scotland of course, but sometimes it is heart breaking!

Swanny Sat 14-Jan-17 17:51:08

Thanks everyone for all the cats, chats, photos and common sense (not to mention the cupcake and wine ) in this kitchen. Soop you are a magnificent hostess and I look forward to seeing you and all the regulars in the new venue later.

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:41:41

Our present kitchen is very close to closing. The new kitchen awaits anyone who wishes to spend time with kindly folk. I shall return tomorrow. Wishing all Granspals a comfortable and pleasant evening. smile moon

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:38:27

DaphneB I also enjoy rugby matches. I do favour the Scottish teams. How about you?

When I lived in Northampton...and was much younger and fitter, I used to work weekend shifts behind the bar at the Saints Club at Franklin Gardens.

There was that much beer on the floor, the soles of my shoes almost rotted away. wink

DaphneBroon Sat 14-Jan-17 17:18:43

A heavy hoover is a nightmare and given that hoovering is not a bundle of fun at the best of times I am all for making it as painless as possible. I was shocked by how much it has picked up though and that is just upstairs (where Grace does not go)
I dare say the novelty will wear off ere long though.
You have got the right idea nanaandgrampy but isn't it a shame that you usually feel too rubbish to enjoy it? Get well soon anyway.
Does anybody know when the rugby starts? I feel the pull of a Saturday afternoon of sloth active sports participation ?? ?

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:07:35

The exercise bike looks lonely. I shall keep it company for the next 20 minutes.

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 17:05:39

Nana Sorry to hear that you are not a lot better than you were when last you posted. Best place for poorly people is confined to bed. Is Grampy well enough to wait on you hand and foot be of some comfort?

DaphneB If anything makes you feel depressed (and there is you need to participate) then DON'T go there. Life is too short to waste on such stuff.
I envy you the new Dyson. I've a very heavy and wayward Henry. It's a nightmare on several levels. Perhaps one day, before I'm very much more aged, I may be treated to a gizmo such as yours. hmm Rory may have to go! wink

DaphneBroon Sat 14-Jan-17 16:53:53

I have perked up a bit but despair of the rest of GN. I just don't WANT to open any other threads, they look so miserable and snippy!
The novelty power of a new toy inspired me to wield my new Dyson handheld like Luke Skywalker with a light sabre(so?) as I did battle with the cobwebs, dust and fluff in the corners, under the bed ??? and in all the places other hoovers don't reach.
I have viakalled the bathrooms and shower cubicle to within an inch of their lives and think I am now entitled to sit down in front of an old Pie in the Sky on TV.
That's sunny days for you sunshine

NanaandGrampy Sat 14-Jan-17 16:27:05

Evening all,

Just popping in briefly ( to catch up with Rory :-) . I'm glad he is back soop and sorry to hear of the cost . The things we do for our pets eh?

Sorry to hear the bad news Charley , you strike me as eminently sensible - you will know when driving is no longer safe.

I am FULL of the cold ( still in a better situation than Galen though who sounds 'proper poorly' (get well soon)) so I am not hanging around. I've always been pone for staying in bed and just getting better. So that's where I'm off to!!

xx

Nelliemoser Sat 14-Jan-17 16:08:11

Poor Rory. He clearly is still a Macsporran and Soop cat. who cannot trust anyone else.

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 16:07:55

Charleyg grin. We have no pet/vet insurance. It may well come to tightening our belts if Rory should continue to need yet more expensive treatment. The vet did collect him from here...a round trip of approx. 44 miles. He would still be hissing and spitting and untreated had she not been prepared to travel.

Charleygirl Sat 14-Jan-17 15:10:55

soop similar to Tara, Rory has enough cat food in case you are snowed in. They have no idea how well off they are. You will be going to bed early to save electricity and heating to help pay his vet bill.

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 15:06:23

A little light housework is in order. I've no intention of making myself weary. Us lot need to conserve our energy for more important things. Such as suppin' brew scoffin' cupcake or quaffin' wine from time to time.

soop Sat 14-Jan-17 14:51:57

Galen It's a comfort to know that you know "what's up" with you. As my late Nana would say. Presumably your stair lift is functioning as it should.
Rory is asleep. Rory has cost us £133. Rory has a cupboard stocked with "panic buying cat food" just in case we're to be snowed in. Somehow, a feral cat has managed to climb the social ladder and is now the most VIPC in the whole of Kintyre. Yay!

Charleyg May we recommend the i newspaper, which costs 50p. Sadly, the print remains a standard size. DaphneB's suggestion is much more sensible. Read the paper on line and increase the font size accordingly.

Charleygirl Sat 14-Jan-17 14:24:21

Daphne there are many which I have not opened so I could not discuss the content. I see the headlines shouting at me when I walk past in a newsagents or the supermarket.

Yes I probably could but I am having problems finding time to read other than in bed because of this machine!!!!! I only read books in bed and a lot of the time I use a Kindle because I can adjust the font size. There is a way around most things. Thank you for caring. There are others on GN with the same problem, ann being one and hers is infinitely worse than mine although mine is heading in that direction.

One of the fellows who comes to our monthly meetings is a London black cab driver but luckily he is closer to my age than his 40's so will be retiring soon. I think the secret is to make up one's own mind and not be told that one can no longer drive.

DaphneBroon Sat 14-Jan-17 13:59:14

If you read it on line would you be able to increase the font size? Serious suggestion.
Heaven forfend you should be reduced to papers whose names I dare not mention grin

Galen Sat 14-Jan-17 13:53:49

Doctors don't do visits in my town. You have to go to the surgery. I can't even get out of my bedroom let alone the house.
I am feeling better than I was. I might even try to go downstairs for an hour this evening.
Speaking as a doctor, there is nothing that can be done. My sputum is clear,the cough slightly easier and same with the breathlessness. It's. just a matter of time.

Very kind of you all for worrying.
Hope all the other invalids (including Rory) are improving as well.

I can assure you all I'm still as feisty as ever

Charleygirl Sat 14-Jan-17 13:34:33

Daphne I am now saving money because I can no longer read a newspaper. The Telegraph is not cheap and I am not in Waitrose every day spending a tenner to get a freebie. There are some consolations!

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion