Gransnet forums

Chat

Quill, fountain pen, biro, roller ball, pencil.

(9 Posts)
NanKate Sun 04-Dec-16 19:00:24

Just writing my Christmas cards and using a fountain pen with purple ink. Do you have a preference in what you use to write your cards ? Do any of you send E Cards, I do ?

tanith Sun 04-Dec-16 19:14:23

I use a pen that writes in gold can't remember the name of it offhand. No don't sent e cards but I have cut down quite a few this year.

grumppa Sun 04-Dec-16 19:17:26

Fountain pen and my customary black ink. Maybe a couple of festive emails overseas.

Rinouchka Sun 04-Dec-16 19:45:43

Black ink, very fine point.

Have not yet resorted to ecards, but it is a future possibility.

Am thinking of sending an email attachment with a small number of the year's photos to friends who would like to see these but live far away. Photos so much nicer than verbal, tedious descriptions ( have never sent long letters, only short, handwritten personal messages).

goldengirl Sun 04-Dec-16 20:48:05

I use purple ink too! I love writing with a fountain pen and use one for my daily diary. For work though I continue to use a ball point - preferably black ink. I have sent the odd e card but prefer the usual kind; probably because it's 'traditional'

Izabella Mon 05-Dec-16 04:50:55

We only do ecards, but when I write anything I still only use black biro - the only thing we were able to use when I was working and the habit sticks even today.

hildajenniJ Mon 05-Dec-16 09:47:21

Used a black ballpoint for mine as it was the first pen that came to hand. I'm not a they woman.

miep Mon 05-Dec-16 09:49:43

Fountain pen and black ink here too

vampirequeen Mon 05-Dec-16 09:55:17

Whichever pen I can put my hand on. Pens in this house tend to wander off and hide themselves.