Gransnet forums

Chat

Really? In this day and age?

(12 Posts)
sunseeker Wed 14-Dec-16 09:51:15

There is a phone in on local radio this morning about influential women and, naturally, Margaret Thatcher is being discussed. One caller, a man, said he had been a councillor for 40 years, would never vote for a woman - even from the party he supported, didn't trust women because they didn't think the same as man and WERE LESS INTELLIGENT!!!!!!!!!!! shock The interviewer even asked him if he was joking but he said he was being completely serious. One can only hope he is no longer a councillor!

mumofmadboys Wed 14-Dec-16 10:00:01

Clearly he is not very bright at all!!

Christinefrance Wed 14-Dec-16 10:04:12

Or maybe it was for effect to stimulate discussion. Whatever, it was so misogynistic and dated he deserves to be drummed out of the council

DanniRae Wed 14-Dec-16 10:18:22

Well clearly by his comments he has proved, without a doubt, that men are NOT MORE INTELLIGENT. What a first class plonker! angry

Alima Wed 14-Dec-16 10:47:36

I am waiting for someone to say he would have voted Leave. Oops, I'm out of here.......

Elegran Wed 14-Dec-16 10:53:00

Did anyone ask him whether what he meant to say was "less educated" ? There is still a trace in the minds of people like him that girls "don't need no edducation" and then they go on to confuse intelligence and education.

What was his education and/or supposed intelligence level, BTW? Do we know?

vampirequeen Wed 14-Dec-16 13:40:53

I have a female friend who avoids seeing female doctors if at all possible because she doesn't think they're as good as male doctors. She feels the same about female politicians, solicitors, judges etc.

Cherrytree59 Wed 14-Dec-16 13:58:40

Supercilious Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.

Bet he thinks white is the superior race

angry

harrigran Wed 14-Dec-16 18:13:54

If he is anything like the councillors in our town an education is not a requirement of the position.

morethan2 Wed 14-Dec-16 18:20:24

Stupid man.
tchshock*Alma
tchgrin harrigran
I needed that little chuckle. Thank you both

Marmark1 Thu 15-Dec-16 08:52:15

He probably works with a few bleddy feminists and it's put him off for life.Actually he's quite brave to say such a thing,because they will be at him with all claws showing now.Perhaps he wants to be sacked.

Anya Thu 15-Dec-16 08:56:07

Fools rush in Marmark