Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(16 Posts)
PRINTMISS Wed 21-Dec-16 09:07:41

Good morning to you all, it is again very dull and still no rain. I am feeling rather sad and old, because once upon a time I would be up and about either organising/helping with parties for the less fortunate, and I would just have finished one of our 'concerts'. Can't get around these days, to do all these things, and so I am feeling sorry for myself, which is not like me, perhaps the fact that my hip is aching is not helping. Well, I will just get on with it, don't drink, so can't have a glass of wine (OH! stop whinging). Enjoy your days everyone, I will be fine tomorrow.

aggie Wed 21-Dec-16 08:57:36

good morning all , it is the winter solstice so brighter mornings to look forward to smile

hildajenniJ Wed 21-Dec-16 08:50:59

Good morning everyone, and Merry Yule to you all.
It's grey, cold and the wind is rising in the Tyne Valley. Today I must do some laundry, make out a Christmas shopping list and begin the baking. Tonight we are going out for dinner with friends. What a busy day!
Hope you all have a good one.

ninathenana Wed 21-Dec-16 08:35:04

Morning all.
Very grey, windy and chilly in N Kent.
My neighbour who's a tree surgeon woke me at 8am by atracking the tree in his garden with a chain saw. Bit early for that tchangry.
Have a good day, don't panic, you've got 4 days left tchgrin

Rinouchka Wed 21-Dec-16 08:32:44

Good morning one and all. Looks windy and grey in London and forecast is rain. Yesterday, however, was a bright, clear, crisp day, despite original forecast.

Hope that Barbara does not materialise and that only those who want it get a white Christmas! Enjoy the nativities, the visits and whatever you are doing today.

harrigran Wed 21-Dec-16 08:20:43

tchhmm even.

harrigran Wed 21-Dec-16 08:19:24

Good morning, overcast and windy and only 4 degrees. GC skyped last night for DH's birthday, they are off to other Granny for a few days. I hope she has stored away her antiques because DS and GC are taking their nerf guns [tchmm]

Greyduster Wed 21-Dec-16 08:11:14

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. A grey but dry start in South Yorkshire. They haven't forecast any snow for us over Christmas I'm glad to say. I dread it, but the only thing I dread more are high winds! Nothing much to do this morning, but a medical appointment later. Have a good day folks.

NfkDumpling Wed 21-Dec-16 08:02:09

Morning All

Dismally dark, overcast and dank in north Norfolk. The clouds are moving at quite a rate so it looks as if the forecasters got it right. I don't think snow was forecast though.

We took ourselves by surprise yesterday and went up to the coast for a spot of birding. It was sunny and calm and lovely. I'm glad we went as it looks like it could be the last nice day for some time. Back to cleaning the house and the washing today.

Pittcity Wed 21-Dec-16 07:58:46

Good morning from a grey, damp Colchester. Much of the same forecast here today reaching 10 degrees.
Missing Wednesday coffee morning for family Christmas visit.
Visiting MIL and SisIL for lunch and going to see Rogue One tonight.

DaphneBroon Wed 21-Dec-16 07:56:23

Good morning Mick and everybody.
Could do without storm Barbara or the threat of snow, couldn't you?
When I referred to the "calm before the storm" I certainly didn't mean it literally!!
BTW
Are we nearly there yet?

Nelliemoser Wed 21-Dec-16 07:49:10

Good Morning all! No way of telling what the weather is like this early.

Nana3 Wed 21-Dec-16 07:31:59

Good morning Mick and everyone. We have been warned about storm Barbara coming to Lancashire, high winds apparently.
GS's nativity for me today, his last one as he's year 6. OH going to GD's first one at nursery.
Have a good day folks.

sue1169 Wed 21-Dec-16 06:59:08

Morning from Lancashire.cold but dry! Went to the shop early for the paper.said 'Good Morning' to the old Indian gentleman there...he replied.."my dear every morning that we all wake up is a GOOD morning!!!!" ....true!?

kittylester Wed 21-Dec-16 06:51:22

Morning Mick, morning all!!

It's still dark in North Leicestershire but is quiet so I imagine that it isn't raining.or even very windy.

We are taking meals on wheels to York today so I hope that Barbara waits until we get home before she turns up, especially if she's bringing snow!!!

Enjoy your Wednesdays everyone sunshine.

12Michael Wed 21-Dec-16 06:42:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its wet and windy here in Brackley this morning, yesterday whilst waiting for my bus home in Buckingham the display board weatherwise for the Buckingham area for Thursday said Heavy Snow??
Mick