Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Tuesday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Tue 03-Jan-17 06:48:58

Good Morning Everyone,
its dark but its dry here in Brackley this morning , opening a window does not feel as cold either.
Mick

kittylester Tue 03-Jan-17 07:07:23

Morning Mick, morning all.

It is perishing but dry in North Leicestershire.

We are nipping to Derby to deliver some stuff left here over Christmas and to see how DD1'S kitchen extension is coming on. Then, it's off to Nottingham for some bits and pieces.

Enjoy your Tuesdays, everyone! sunshine

ffinnochio Tue 03-Jan-17 07:07:57

Good morning from France. Dark and cold. A Little Owl is nattering somewhere outside.

tiredoldwoman Tue 03-Jan-17 07:08:55

Good morning , it's dry and mild in St.Andrews , too. No frost this morning .
I'm back to work today and it's my 3rd born grandson's 3rd birthday today, the 3rd of January . That sound quite lucky - all the threes !!

DaphneBroon Tue 03-Jan-17 07:11:41

Good morning Mick, kittylester and everybody. Pitch black still but looks like there's been a frost. Brrr! Off to London later for DH's hospital appointment then DD and Flynn are coming for a few days (so no doubt there will be a few more early mornings!!)
Wishing you all a pleasant day - but wrap up warm!

rubylady Tue 03-Jan-17 07:39:46

Good Morning from sunny Bolton. Still pitch black out there as yet, but when window open slightly warmer than recent days. Been up since 3am and off to dentist at 10am so I might fall asleep in his chair. grin

Greyduster Tue 03-Jan-17 07:54:20

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. Sitting watching a beautiful sunrise this morning, waiting for SiL to drop GS off on his way to work. Our day will be largely dictated by him today, so we will take it as it comes. He's always a joy! Have a good day everyone.

ninathenana Tue 03-Jan-17 08:11:03

Morning all.
Frosty in N Kent with a beautiful peach and orange sunrise.
A bit of food shopping this morning and a Costa coffee, I need to get out of here smile

cornergran Tue 03-Jan-17 08:15:12

Morning All. Cold, frosty and icy in our corner of Somerset. Putting the Christmas stuff away today, still coughing so planning some down time before picking two grand daughters up from school. Hope Tuesday is kind to you.

Pittcity Tue 03-Jan-17 08:20:30

Good morning from a frosty Colchester. Everything is white and quiet outside. Yesterday was bright and sunny but cold, hoping for more of the same. Walking into town to get DH's specs fixed and to make myself an appointment as I need new ones.

Rinouchka Tue 03-Jan-17 08:48:23

Good morning everyone. Sunny, lovely light in our corner of London but garden glistening with frost. Meeting friends at National Gallery, then late lunch out.

Saddened yesterday to discover that a woman had stolen ( a leather handbag) from the charity shop where I volunteer. It was so busy that I did not notice. CCTV identified her. She took several items plus bag to the changing room, came out, returned the items but had the bag over her shoulder. And walked out from a crowded shop. I was at the cash register dealing with a queue of people waiting to pay. The manageress was at the back, dealing with new donations. shock

hildajenniJ Tue 03-Jan-17 08:56:15

Good morning everyone.
Much milder in the Tyne Valley this morning. I went for my walk yesterday, but did not go far as the footpaths were icy. Last time I slipped on ice, I broke my arm. I don't want to do that again! Today I am emptying the airing cupboard. We are having the hot water tank removed, and a new combi boiler fitted early next week.
Have a good day everyone.

PRINTMISS Tue 03-Jan-17 09:17:21

Good morning to you all, a brilliant cold morning here, looks lovely! Off to the hospital today, just to check my hip which is fine, although I need the new slippers I am buying, as the old ones are loose and making me limp which will not do. Enjoy your days.

Nana3 Tue 03-Jan-17 09:51:50

Good morning. It's looking a bit grey but no frost in Lancashire. The moon and Venus looked so bright last night.
Two GC stayed last night so busy with them today. Will visit Mum too.
Have a good day everyone.

Marnie Tue 03-Jan-17 10:12:44

Morning GN. Very cold and frosty here in Hertfordshire. Sun is now shining but oh so cold. Have to go to doctors this afternoon about my diabetes. But staying in apart from that and decluttering

JackyB Tue 03-Jan-17 11:39:51

Good morning from Germany. It was cold and frosty here, too - I had to be careful on my bike coming to work.