Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Wednesday

(15 Posts)
12Michael Wed 04-Jan-17 06:41:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but still looks cold outside in Brackley , I went out yesterday and temperatures whilst hanging around for buses seemed really cold, I was glad at one point when siting in a café in Buckingham for the warmth until I got home.
Mick

DaphneBroon Wed 04-Jan-17 06:46:21

Good Morning! It 's silly o clock, guess who has their DD and DGS staying?
Will look at the weather when I can open my eyes properly but just now there's baby porridge to be administeredsmile

whitewave Wed 04-Jan-17 06:52:57

Morning everyone!!

I've been awake for hours - one of those nights.

Could have done your morning shift daphne

Another cold but dry day forecast. So far this has been the driest winter I can remember for a long time. Hope this doesn't balance out with a wet summer.

Nothing planned, might start to tackle the greenhouse - can hardly set foot inside the door with so much stuff to be composted from the autumn cutback. Still haven't finished that either.

grannyqueenie Wed 04-Jan-17 06:54:41

Morning all, can't bring myself to say the "good" bit as I've been awake since 4am when it was clear outside with very sparkly stars. No wee ones to blame here, but not the best start to a busy day. Good luck with that porridge, Daphne

kittylester Wed 04-Jan-17 07:02:01

Good morning all.

It is still dark but warmish in North Leicestershire. For the first time in ages we had to set the alarm as we are both going out early and, for the first time in ages, I was fast asleep. I still haven't come to properly.

DH is havng Bertie and Persie BY HIMSELF this morning as I am helping on a Alzheimer's Society course. I expect DH will want to go back to work by lunchtime!! grin

ffinnochio Wed 04-Jan-17 07:09:16

Good morning from France. A chilly morning at -❄️❄️❄️ The sky's a fabulously rich deep blue as night slowly changes to day.

Nelliemoser Wed 04-Jan-17 07:21:13

Good morning from me. I have no idea of the weather. I got up at about 6:30 as my back was aching so much. I could have done with another two hours. I have a bedside light and a main light switch by the door. As I could not be bothered to walk over to the door to put the main light on then walk back to switch the bedside light off I tried to find my way to the door in the dark. Not to be recommended. I could not see a thing and was trying to find my way into a wardrobe. Fortunately I did not come to harm . Don't try this at home.

NfkDumpling Wed 04-Jan-17 07:32:54

Morning All

Time to invest in a small bedside torch Nellie?

Really dark and overcast here in Norfolk. Another horrible dull day in store. At least it's supposedly keeping the temperature up although it doesn't feel like it to me.

Off to the doctor's this morning to ask for a referral re my knees/hip/back. Stairs have become a real obstacle so I have to sort something out. Bet anything that I'll get to see a consultant's assistant who'll send me for yet more physio. I think they've probably run out of exercises to give me now. Perhaps if I cry.......?

hildajenniJ Wed 04-Jan-17 08:16:32

Good morning everyone.
The temperature is falling. It was 5°c when I went out at 04:00 and when I came home at 07:15 it was 2°c. The Tyne Valley is dry, bright and clear, it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I'm putting Christmas back in it's boxes today.
Have a good day all.

Greyduster Wed 04-Jan-17 08:22:25

Good morning Michael and all GNs. Dull but dry in South Yorkshire this morning. I think it might clear later. Neither of us slept very well last night; GS was here for the day yesterday and before he left at teatime he was horribly sick. He hadn't eaten or drunk anything out of the ordinary, and seemed more tired than usual. It shakes you up when these things happen on your watch. I am hoping DD will let us know shortly how he is this morning.

ninathenana Wed 04-Jan-17 08:25:37

Morning all.
I've been downstairs since 5.30 after tossing and turning since 4.30. I made a cuppa and shut my eyes and have just woken up again shock
Thin grey cloud and the forecast is for minus temp. No frost though.

Pittcity Wed 04-Jan-17 08:25:46

Good morning from a cold, grey Colchester. DH is just off to work, DS is still asleep (back to school tomorrow), and I am off to the weekly ladies' coffee morning.
I use the night clock app on my mobile and then switch to the torch app in those situations nellie. Thank you nfk for reminding me to drop in at the surgery on my way to town to make an appointment for a blood test.

cornergran Wed 04-Jan-17 08:48:38

Morning All. Overcast in our corner of Somerset, milder although we are forecast -4 overnight and more frost, to be honest I prefer that to the grey. Catching up with housework and the annual search for a decent energy tariff. Hope Wednesday is kind to you.

Rinouchka Wed 04-Jan-17 08:56:15

Good morning everyone. Grey here after a brilliantly sunny but very cold day yesterday. Wrap up, Mick, if you go out today.
Christmas decorations down last night and tax returns to do today, but gym first!

Daphne have fun with Baby GS. Miss my baby porridge mornings as they have all gone home.
nfk : hope your hospital visit brings you the results you want.

Nelliemoser Wed 04-Jan-17 09:08:35

NFK I do have torches I just CBA. I could have opened the curtains a little bit more. 6:30 am is too early for my brain.