Gransnet forums

Chat

Why do men...?

(78 Posts)
Teetime Tue 10-Jan-17 14:28:08

Cough so loudly. I am surrounded by men with mega decibel coughs can't they reign it in a bit?

Bellanonna Thu 19-Jan-17 00:26:23

Radicalnan - my daughter did that too!

Christinefrance Wed 18-Jan-17 16:52:47

Radicalnan that made me laugh so much.
Why do men have to check the contents of their hankies it's horrible. Mine also does the Trumpet Voluntary every morning.
Why can't men be as perfect as we all obviously are grin

Yorkshiregel Wed 18-Jan-17 16:35:58

My youngest has taken to holding up his baby son and sniffing his bum to see if he has left a present!

Is it a man thing?

grannypiper Fri 13-Jan-17 16:07:57

radical and yorkshiregel ROFL

Lona Fri 13-Jan-17 15:34:43

Grumppa grin
This is so funny and I'm so glad to be single grin

Maggiemaybe Fri 13-Jan-17 15:22:31

Crisps!! shock Why do some men launch them into their mouths from a great distance then crunch down as loudly as they can? So unlike our own dainty nibbling ways. wink

A bit off topic, but on a train once I did see one poor lady discreetly sucking her crisps in the quiet carriage.

shysal Fri 13-Jan-17 14:50:05

I couldn't stand listening to my exDH eating toast! By the end of our marriage everything he did and said annoyed me!

rosesarered Fri 13-Jan-17 14:31:54

No men were harmed in the making of this thread.grin

rosesarered Fri 13-Jan-17 14:30:56

Yes, it's amazing what huge bites they can take from an apple, DH sees one off in a few bites and gulps and eats it all, core and pips.

Teetime Fri 13-Jan-17 14:08:11

Oh apples!!! DH is deafening with apples and takes a huge bite and crunches like mad.

I am surprised we have seen a thread marked - Why do women.....

Rosie21 Fri 13-Jan-17 11:03:57

Masticating food even a sof banana he can make crunch and as for apples and ginger nut biscuits ....... ! Don't even get me started on his sonic boom speaking voice.
Ps love him to bit actually xx

Jalima Thu 12-Jan-17 19:55:11

I can't really say that I object to him breathing though, can I? yes!

When we're in the car I can hear him breathing (gasping) through his mouth.
BREATH THROUGH YOUR NOSE!

Bellanonna Thu 12-Jan-17 19:52:13

I have to dig him in the ribs when he nods off at the theatre. First I know of it is the first snore. Response to my nudge is to turn and glare at me crossly.

Maggiemaybe Thu 12-Jan-17 19:49:55

And breathe noisily? We're just back from the pictures and I kept wanting to dig him in the ribs and tell him to blow his nose. I can't really say that I object to him breathing though, can I? grin

Bellanonna Thu 12-Jan-17 19:48:55

But I do ❤️ him

Bellanonna Thu 12-Jan-17 19:48:01

Oh I hate that commenting on the news especially if I'm not watching it. And reading bits from the paper when I'm watching telly or reading a book.

Jalima Thu 12-Jan-17 19:33:28

and jingle the coins in their pocket .....

Jalima Thu 12-Jan-17 19:32:48

Why do men
Play Trumpet Voluntary when they blow their noses?

At least mine does hmm

tinaf1 Thu 12-Jan-17 19:23:30

Nothing to do with coughing & sneezing or answering the phone radicalnan ?? but I having running commentary when he is reading the newspaper or even watching a TV programme together especially the news, having a rant here mind you he has his good points & still makes me laugh.

Bellanonna Thu 12-Jan-17 12:38:33

Ygel, you did make me laugh - the sneezing at both ends bit. This whole thread has been so funny and reassuring in a way. I always thought it was only Mr B so i'ts reassuring to read all your comments.

JackyB Thu 12-Jan-17 11:52:57

I once sat in a bath which had been cleaned with Vim. Can't remember why I was naked in a bath with no water in, but I do remember the sting!

This thread is making me laugh so much.

My DH has been coughing so much at night that I've moved to the couch downstairs for now. He had a knack of coughing just as I was finally nodding off - it sounded like a shot from a gun!

Teetime Thu 12-Jan-17 10:24:30

Oh dear I did have a similar experience with chillies once!!!

Yorkshiregel Thu 12-Jan-17 10:24:02

Know spelt with a K :-)

Yorkshiregel Thu 12-Jan-17 10:22:30

I let him have some of my deep heat for his knee the other day. Told him to rub it well in which he did. Got my own back when he went for a wee. Eat your heart out Mr Meldrew.

Yorkshiregel Thu 12-Jan-17 10:19:46

Does 'checking your genitals' include scratching them? Or tucking them in? I have starting saying in a loud voice 'Do you have to do that? Just to let him now I have seen him. Especially annoying when you have friends round.

Mine does the loud sneezing thing. He likes to share. It is more than just irritating when it affects both ends though. The dog just lifts one eyebrow now he is so used to it. He always gets the blame anyway.