Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(16 Posts)
12Michael Thu 16-Feb-17 06:58:23

Good Morning Everyone,
Its a bright start herein Brackley it has been wet but looks dry and a mild day to boot.
Mick

kittylester Thu 16-Feb-17 07:09:24

Morning Mick, morning all!!

It's a bit damp and drippy in North Leicestershire bit it isn't raining.

Sainsbury's and a visit to mum today. Mum seems to have taken to her bed again so it will be interesting to see how she is..

Nana3 Thu 16-Feb-17 07:33:47

Good morning Mick and everyone. Dry and warmer in Lancashire.
I am also visiting mum today. She repeats constantly how tired she is and spends some afternoons in bed. Best wishes for your visit today kitty.
Have a good day everyone.

MawBroon Thu 16-Feb-17 07:54:47

Good Morning GN Mick, kitty's, nankate and everybody. Looking brighter again after yesterday's heavy rain.
A couple of things have fallen through today (because DH doesn't feel well enough for me to leave him for an afternoon) so I am preparing to be bored sad
C'est, as they say, la vie!

MawBroon Thu 16-Feb-17 07:56:05

Oops, wrong nana blush
3 but I dare say Nanakate will be along presently.

Rinouchka Thu 16-Feb-17 08:02:03

Good Morning, everyone. Mild and optimistically spring-like here, both weather and outlook.
Looking forward to a dance class after breakfast, then some work.
Hope tired mums and unwell husbands improve as the day progresses.flowers

Pittcity Thu 16-Feb-17 08:38:56

Good morning from a grey but milder Colchester. The sun came out for a while yesterday, hoping for the same today. Our planned trip to MIL is off as DH was called in to cover a night shift at the last minute and so will sleep all day.

ninathenana Thu 16-Feb-17 08:41:04

Morning all
sunshinesunshine at last ! Clear blue sky in N Kent. I'm finally getting my lunch out with a friend today after two cancellations.
Have a good day everyone.

Greyduster Thu 16-Feb-17 08:54:23

Good morning, Michael and all GNs. I am a late waker today, but the sun is shining and hopefully it will stay out all day today - after early promise it let us down yesterday. I have some books to take back to the library today and then we are off to Chatsworth again for a walk in the park. Hopefully there will be no fog to turn us back this time! Have a good day, folks.

Elrel Thu 16-Feb-17 09:03:15

Sun just peeped out in North London! Think I should do the same, see if I can spot the pied wagtail that was entrancing everyone as it scurried about the road and pavement last week. One small bird making a dozen passersby smile and speak to each other!

PRINTMISS Thu 16-Feb-17 09:07:13

Good morning to you all, a little later this morning, there were lots of facebook messages to check, nothing spectacular. Yesterday I "crowed" about our lovely morning, when everyone else seemed to be having unpleasant weather - the day turned really nasty after about an hour of sunshine, so that will teach me! Today it is cloudy, but not cold, thank goodness. I have to go to the shops which is really exciting as you all know. Enjoy your days.

rosesarered Thu 16-Feb-17 09:24:56

Mild here and sunshine ( at the moment) but due to stay mild anyway.
Very soon there will be small DGC at the door for a day of fun and activities,so we are slurping tea and watching birds hop about ( the calm before the stormgrin)

NfkDumpling Thu 16-Feb-17 10:01:03

Morning All

A beautiful sunny day here in north Norfolk.

I should have been helping DiL and her mum clean the rented place they've just moved from but, having spent most of yesterday unpacking boxes and trying to fit stuff into the new, very different house, DiL is suffering with the cold she was starting to develop yesterday. As she's not in the best of health we're all having the day off. So I'm cleaning my own house and cooking in preparation for the arrival of DD1 and family this evening.

Nelliemoser Thu 16-Feb-17 10:12:33

It was bright and sunny in Cheshire early on. Now it has clouded over and trying to rain.
Which means I had probably better just get on and vacuum the stairs.
I have just taken in a big box from the RHS with two shrubs in it. I wanted to get them planted.

Peep Thu 16-Feb-17 14:17:34

Good Afternoon! As with Nelliemoser, it was bright and sunny in West Oxfordshire but has now clouded over.
I was wondering Nellie if you recommend the RHS for plants, I think I've missed their money off offer now but have never ordered plants by post before from anyone and wondered how reliable it is.

Nelliemoser Thu 16-Feb-17 18:25:34

Peep Yes I do. They sent two plants in 2 litre pots which look very healthy, well grown and very well packaged. It took me a while to open the boxes.

You can buy very small plug plants which are cheaper but you do have to buy them from a decent supplier.
When I started buying on line I used www.jparkers.co.uk/
The first lot of bare root shrubs were fine but their plug plants were not very good at all.

I have joined Gardeners World forum if you are a keen gardener it is worth doing. You can pick up a lot wisdom and helpful advice and the other posters are very friendly and helpful.
There as there is a lot of garden wisdom and ideas on there. The general opinion about the quality of Parker's plants was low.
I have tried Thompson and Morgan, "Crocus" and a few others and they have been good.
I am just itching for some good weather. I have also bought plants from the "search and rescue" tables at Garden centers. You can often get odd ends of lines if they look as if a bit of TLC will get them growing again.