Gransnet forums

Chat

jet clean!!!

(10 Posts)
travelsafar Wed 26-Apr-17 08:21:11

Has anyone had one of these done at the dentist. After my check up the dentist was going through options available privately to improve appearance of teeth and suggested this to remove stubborn stains. I agreed but am not quite sure what will happen. Any info would be welcome.

grannylyn65 Wed 26-Apr-17 08:23:46

Bit vigorous!! Jets of water swirling !!

petra Wed 26-Apr-17 08:38:53

I had it done a few years ago when I was living abroad. The system I had was more a sandblasting, I had a plastic mask over over my face as it was a bit messy but it worked. I now use the teeth whitening kit that I got through my dentist.
That was £300. Then you buy the refills when needed. I always buy mine through my dentist.

Alima Wed 26-Apr-17 08:54:42

Sorry travelsafar, not heard of this dental procedure before but your thread title has reminded me we still need to jet wash the patio. Hope your jet wash goes well.

travelsafar Wed 26-Apr-17 09:36:02

Alima your comment made me laugh out loud!!!!

Menopaws Wed 26-Apr-17 09:46:10

That will get rid of plaque build up if what it does to my patio is anything to go by!

travelsafar Mon 15-May-17 15:40:47

Update to my jet clean. It is fantastic, i cant rmember my teeth being so clean for many years. It wasnt painful, a tad uncomfortable around a couple of sensitive teeth but i just lie in the chair and let him get on with it. I am so pleased with outcome i will try and pay for it every 12- 18months if i can. If you have stubborn stains that just a normal clean cant remove i would treat yourself to one of these!!

angelab Mon 15-May-17 16:40:26

Hi travelsafar, I just went to the hygienist on Friday after a long time and with some trepidation. Don't think I had this procedure but she did a good clean and for once I didn't get a telling off!

Can I ask how much it cost? My session was £63.

travelsafar Tue 16-May-17 08:42:03

it was 150.00 and to me worth every penny as i am so pleased with the results.

Thingmajig Tue 16-May-17 11:08:50

You can buy a water jet thingy to use at home as a supplement to flossing. I pondered getting one a while back but thought it might be a bit messy as we don't have a mirror over the sinks in either bathroom!