Gransnet forums

Chat

Have You Noticed?

(19 Posts)
harrigran Sun 21-May-17 08:19:25

ThemaggiejaneI came on last year trying to raise money for her GD's operation, as far as I know they raised the money and the operation was to be in March but did she return and give an update ? Apologies if I missed it but would love to know how the little girls is progressing.

wot Sun 21-May-17 00:02:36

It's going to look as fresh as a daisy!

wot Sun 21-May-17 00:01:40

Not started the painting yet as e erywhere is in amuddle but I have bought plenty of Sugar Soap and paint!

rosesarered Sat 20-May-17 22:28:58

Hello wot ( waves madly) smile how's the painting going?

wot Sat 20-May-17 22:26:39

Thank you ?

Maggiemaybe Sat 20-May-17 22:25:46

Why would you be getting on anyone's nerves, wot? There'll always be support for you on here,.

annsixty Sat 20-May-17 22:17:32

Just concentrate on your self and your own needs wot you are important, never forget that.

wot Sat 20-May-17 22:06:06

Ps, partner has chosen his new accommodation so could be going soon. I have been fretting about getting pension credit rather than thinking I will miss him! Apart from that aspect my life will be easier as he is very lazy.?

wot Sat 20-May-17 22:02:58

I have had support, advice and kindness from GNers but started to thi k that I may be getting on peoples nerves! I do remember and draw comfort from the support though.

morethan2 Sat 20-May-17 19:42:46

thats my feeling jackyB I couldn't have said it better.

BBbevan Sat 20-May-17 17:44:51

Excellent idea Kupari Could we not have a special updating thread. There are several threads I would like to know the results of including * gillybob*s granddaughter's school review.

Maggiemaybe Fri 19-May-17 21:03:06

Or possibly a thoroughly depressing one!

Morgana Fri 19-May-17 20:58:58

I did suggest that there should be somewhere we let people know what happened next. It could be a nice uplifting thread!

grannylyn65 Fri 19-May-17 20:12:31

I say thanks, have had lots of help from netters !'

Menopaws Fri 19-May-17 20:06:12

I agree, nice to know they have received the feedback, makes for a better conversation and why ask unless you read and acknowledge the feedback?

JackyB Fri 19-May-17 17:10:29

As cornergran says, sometimes they do come back and post a result or a word of thanks, and the thread just rolls on and on with people replying to the OP without reading the rest of the thread.

In many cases, even if the OP never returns, it sparks an interesting conversation anyway and may help others who are in the same situation. The person themselves has either been swept up in Real Life, or was just glad to have somewhere to express their difficulties in writing without expecting any feedback.

cornergran Fri 19-May-17 14:07:34

I agree with you, acknowledging responses is the best way. Hope I always have. Having said that I guess sometimes people are so stressed or distressed that they simply don't think about it. In some long threads there are occasions when the OP has posted a thank you and the thread keeps on rolling, fair enough I think if the OP makes no further comment. Lots of different approaches I guess. Good to be polite, though.

Mapleleaf Fri 19-May-17 13:45:21

Hi Kupari45
I've noticed this, too. Some people do reply or let us know an outcome, others don't. Like you, I think it's polite to say thank you. ?

Kupari45 Fri 19-May-17 13:38:36

That so often when someone tells us about a problem or asks for our thoughts on a situation- we never hear from them again. So we are left wondering what happened or did they find the advice we gave helpful.
Over the years I have often asked for your opinions on a problem I am trying to sort out, I've been pleased to receive advice or someone has pointed out a different way of looking at things. I have always posted a thank you a couple of days later, which seems only polite when others have taken the time to type a reply.