Gransnet forums

Chat

What annoys you about yourself?

(97 Posts)
Cornishgirl777 Sat 20-May-17 11:30:43

As a lighthearted antidote to to stressful time recently,I was wondering what little things you do or say that annoy you?

I put one hand in an oven glove,then wonder why I can't lift the dish out of the oven...I'll start a household job even though I know I won't have time to finish it,and come back to the ironing board left out and to small mountain range of washing to be sorted.

Sued59 Wed 24-May-17 19:55:34

I can talk to a complete stranger easily but I struggle to speak to people I know I will be meeting regularly. It's frustrating and leaves me feeling uneasy and socially awkward.

FarNorth Wed 24-May-17 01:21:50

If you do I'll join, if I get round to it.

HillyN Tue 23-May-17 21:32:26

A light-hearted antidote? Everyone just seems to be making themselves miserable! I wish I could be more confident with using the phone and eating in front of other people. Not at the same time! I get tongue-tied or say stupid things on the phone and often spill gravy down my front or knock over my glass when eating out.
One day soon I'm going to start a procrastinators club... ;)

grannypiper Tue 23-May-17 20:13:42

I am going to start tonight by leaving the cutlery to be washed in the morning, oh how i walk on the wild side

mollie Tue 23-May-17 19:04:55

grindowntoearth

downtoearth Tue 23-May-17 19:01:08

* hello mollie* you as well grin

BlueBelle Tue 23-May-17 17:42:57

Haha I say sod it every day

grannypiper Tue 23-May-17 16:49:34

I get annoyed that i cant sit down until the housework is done to my standard. One day i will say "sod it" and go to bed without washing the supper dishes.

Cornishgirl777 Tue 23-May-17 12:19:20

Thank you,Moocow. I'm constantly surprised how many of us share the same foibles(now that's a nice word). Isn't it good to share...makes me feel less alone in my thoughts. We can now worry about everyone else worrying!

Moocow Mon 22-May-17 22:59:50

Danirae and BlueBell nice to know there are at least three of us. Sometimes I manage to do as Dannirae said but it takes several cross shouts at myself! Now I shall try to distract myself with a smile at the thought I'm not the only one.

Good thread Cornishgirl777 smile

BlueBelle Mon 22-May-17 20:19:33

Dannirae and Moocow I m another that goes over and over everything I ve said or sometimes not said and put all sorts of guilt on my conversations
Izzypopbottle I m the opposite because I m always so worried about being late I arrive incredibly early and have to wander around or twiddle my fingers for fifteen or more minutes

mollie Mon 22-May-17 18:57:51

Ha ha, Downtoearth, I know that feeling. smile

Yorkshiregel Mon 22-May-17 15:41:49

I NEVER say 'cheer up it might never happen' because it might have done that and that is why they look sad/miserable.

Tippy22 Mon 22-May-17 14:34:18

So many of your comments equate with me especially my face saying what I'm really thinking without me realising and thinking I was looking quite neutral but most of all I hate about me is that my mouth falls into a frown quite naturally no matter how I try hard to not let it, you can't walk around with a grin all the time, and the number of strangers that take it upon themselves to say "cheer up it may never happen" is really irritating.

DanniRae Mon 22-May-17 13:48:09

Good to know I am not alone Moocow - I have tried not saying anything too but because I really love a good chat I find it impossible. Refusing to let myself dwell on what I have said does help - as soon as I recognise that I am going down the 'why did I say that path' I say to myself STOP and force myself to think of something else.
Best wishes and good luck to you!

Moocow Mon 22-May-17 12:05:31

dannirae I thought I was the only one who did that! I once decided that I wasn't going to speak much anymore to try and quell the agony that would inevitably arise later.

lizzypopbottle Mon 22-May-17 10:51:24

I'm often late. I try to get out of the house in good time but fail to predict volume of traffic at different times of the day and I forget there are roadworks with traffic lights (by Sod's law, always red) when I was delayed by them on a previous occasion.

henetha Mon 22-May-17 10:20:16

Pretty much everything really. I'm such a silly person.

downtoearth Mon 22-May-17 09:33:22

Being invisible

Anneishere Mon 22-May-17 09:22:33

I simply think too much & start to 'assume' this and that - it really annoys me!!! However I am getting better at stopping myself as I have aged?

DanniRae Mon 22-May-17 08:40:03

Yes kitty I've thought of other things too.......After I've had an enjoyable chat to someone I later find myself going over what I've said and beating myself up that it had been boring or inappropriate etc. I have to force myself to NOT think about it.
I am also really sensitive and get upset and cry really easily.
Perhaps we could all do what we like about ourselves sometime soon? grin

kittylester Mon 22-May-17 07:20:35

I've thought of something else. I can't relax! How I wish I was one of those people who could say 's*d it' and sit down and read a book. That doesn't mean I achieve lots though because I faff about too! blush

BlueBelle Mon 22-May-17 04:54:21

Oh I m in the procrastination camp I wish we could have a club because I thought it was just me I so want to do things then never do them then beat myself up, everything gets put off till a never ending tomorrow
Mind you I can relate to most of the things on here, living on my own when I do get in company I can talk too much I tend to lose the thread of what I want to say whilst listening so jump in and say it before it goes and hate that, I wish I could be the stand back and think type I lose words that I know so well .....
in fact there's not much I like about me or ever have ( my bums ok though)

( I don't understand self assessment either and worry every year that I ve done it wrong I thought everyone else knew what they were doing)

Sparkle199 Mon 22-May-17 04:08:28

You and me both, gillybob!

Moocow Sun 21-May-17 19:44:26

Far too many already listed but having to choose 1 I guess right now it would be caring too much what others think.