Gransnet forums

Chat

Am I mad?!

(7 Posts)
sunseeker Tue 20-Jun-17 12:31:18

As the weather is so nice I decided it was safe to pack away all my winter jumpers and bring out my summer tops - so far so sane.

Then after I had finished that I decided the dressing table would look better the other side of the room and to move other bits of furniture. My bedroom is now it utter chaos (I have stopped to have some lunch), I am dripping with persperation and I will need to take another shower as I have an appointment at 2.00pm I may be sleeping on the sofa tonight!!

Alima Tue 20-Jun-17 12:32:57

Probably be cooler on the sofa, wise move! (No pun intended).

aggie Tue 20-Jun-17 12:33:13

Yep smile

ninathenana Tue 20-Jun-17 12:33:39

Yes you are !
Rearranging furniture in this weather, what were you thinking grin

sunseeker Tue 20-Jun-17 12:40:17

*nina" I obviously wasn't thinking!!! grin

cornergran Tue 20-Jun-17 14:59:52

grin. sunseeker. Leave it until Thursday when it cools down. Alternative sleeping arrangements unt then. Quite seriously, drink lots of water. Dehydration isn't fun.

Maggiemaybe Tue 20-Jun-17 15:40:47

Stop right now, sunseeker! We once walked a short distance on holiday in Tennessee in weather that felt similar to today and were roundly told off by the locals. We had wondered why we didn't see a soul on our journey - they were all lounging round inside sipping mint juleps!

I must admit I once hired an industrial sander and stripped my floorboards in a heatwave - I was a lot younger then though. smile