Gransnet forums

Chat

I am grateful for.....

(13 Posts)
Chewbacca Fri 23-Jun-17 16:50:32

Everywhere we look there is bad news, both nationally and internationally and the fut for so many looks bleak. But I was thinking today that I, personally, have a lot to be grateful for. I have good health; I have a roof over my head; I have plenty of food in the cupboards; my family is healthy and thriving and I know they are safe.
Does anyone else feel like they would like to count their blessings for the good things that they, personally, have in their lives ? Please don't bring any politics into this.

Chewbacca Fri 23-Jun-17 16:51:06

fut? Future!

Morgana Fri 23-Jun-17 17:00:21

I am grateful for a second grandchild and for the recovery of my son after his op. After six months of worry I now feel very blessed and grateful to all those friends and Gransnet contacts who have helped me through those dark days.

linj53 Fri 23-Jun-17 17:18:39

I agree entirely with your sentiments. I have been through a bad spell which lasted 4 1/2yrs after losing my husband and my daughter not talking to me for 2yrs and not being allowed to see my baby granddaughter, who is now turned 1.
But I have had, might sound strange, divine intervention, or my deceased husband helping me and have come through it and out the other side.
I am feeling great, like a new person and positive. I have been listening and watching all the bad news lately and felt that the world had gone mad, but it puts ones troubles into prospective.
The people in the flats and those who had to witness the awful event, that is real agony. My heart goes out to them all.
They deserve every bit of help they can get and respect and good rehousing. They have nothing. Some not even their lives.
I am so lucky. I tried too hard with my daughter, couldn't see that I was pushing her further away, but I can see it all and can wait patiently now and hope that she will one day talk to me and let me be a part of hers and her daughters lives.
Living in hope patiently.

NonnaW Fri 23-Jun-17 17:18:49

I am very grateful for my good health, and that of my family. Also that we have enough money to not have to worry too much. We have 2 beautiful healthy grandchildren and all in all, we have a lot to be thankful for. If ten think how lucky I am.

Willow500 Sat 24-Jun-17 06:21:53

I feel very grateful for my life too at the moment but keeping all fingers and toes crossed not to tempt fate. The recent events in this country and abroad make you realise just how precious life is - no amount of money can replace lost loved ones. On a more mundane pleasure my newly fitted cloakroom is finally finished - I just have to get rid of all the dust and give it a good clean grin

Anya Sat 24-Jun-17 06:55:48

I'm very grateful for what I have.

nanaK54 Sat 24-Jun-17 07:05:16

What a lovely positive thread. I too acknowledge that I have a lot to be grateful for

jenn Sat 24-Jun-17 18:59:16

My children and grandchildren are healthy and happy and we all get on although we live far apart,I'm healthy and solvent ,my dog and horse keep me fit and happy.Grateful?? Yes,yes, yes.

downsized Sat 24-Jun-17 19:36:06

Just grateful for being alive really.

Auntieflo Sat 24-Jun-17 20:08:32

Yes I have a lot to be grateful for. We are still happily together, 56 years this September, and have three lovely children, who have given us 7 grandchildren in total. They are a joy and now we have moved up a generation, having become great grandparents in February, with another due next month.

Menopaws Sat 24-Jun-17 20:22:28

Absolutely life is good, I have issues just like all of us, serious ones but when I walk my dog across the fields and stand still and look across our beautiful countryside it makes me very happy and gives me all the strength I need to cope with the crap. I have many many more ticks in my life than crosses. For that I am eternally grateful. Be cheerful: Strive to be happy.

Chewbacca Sat 24-Jun-17 21:44:58

flowers to every one of you, you've cheered me up no end! It's so easy to think that life is all doom and gloom, especially reading any topical news reports lately, but there is so much pleasure to be had in the little things that we have and often take for granted or just don't see. It's been lovely reading how every one of you derives happiness from the small, every day things and that you notice and appreciate them. Thank you, I'm grateful to you all.