Gransnet forums

Chat

.......and relax.......!!

(7 Posts)
Katek Tue 04-Jul-17 18:50:26

First holiday childcare finished today, it's been great fun with dgs and dgd (both 11) but I think my basketball playing days are over. Actually I don't think they ever started! Thank goodness for a combined game of netball/basketball with much arguing over rules. Quiet times as well over chess - until one of them won twice in a row!! I'm now tired and with an empty purse but very content. 36 hour break before a weekend looking after dgs 3 and 4. Please let them sleep all night........!

phoenix Tue 04-Jul-17 19:08:03

Sooner you than me, but if it makes you happy.........grin

TwiceAsNice Tue 04-Jul-17 19:10:25

I have my two for tea and a sleepover next Thursday. Can't wait! I already know I'll be shattered but I can rest when I'm dead!

grannylyn65 Tue 04-Jul-17 19:16:28

I get so wound up by babysitting it's a miracle I managed to bring up 3 and they're all surviving and 2 reproducing !!!
Love to post pic but advised not to experienced poster !!

whitewave Tue 04-Jul-17 19:22:56

It doesn't last for ever and goes all too quickly. Ours are now teenagers and too old to be looked after by Nan and grandad, but it is lovely to know that they look back on their time with us with deep fondness. In fact the eldest is desperate to take his girl friend to Polzeath which was our surfing beach of choice when they were young. They will sit and chat and laugh about our various days out and holidays together. So think of those days that you have with your grandchildren as Jewels that later you can all take out and enjoy their memories.

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Jul-17 19:45:39

That's lovely whitewave

whitewave Tue 04-Jul-17 19:47:59

smile thank you