Gransnet forums

Chat

I'm in the dentist's waiting room

(14 Posts)
Jalima1108 Mon 10-Jul-17 23:08:21

Our hygienist seems to be lovely young woman but even so must have a bit of the sadist about her grin
She always makes me laugh when I am hanging on to some suction contraption or other that she has bunged into my mouth.

NanKate Mon 10-Jul-17 22:34:54

We were at a Museum cafe one Sunday morning and a young couple both ate a packet of crisps and drank a fizzy drink whilst waiting for their bacon butty to be prepared shock. I found it very sad that at such a young age they were on the path to ill health and possible mobility problems, as they were already obese.

I am not a slim thing myself, before I am bombarded with complaints about making 'fatist' remarks, but at least I make an effort not to binge.

Sorry I gave gone off piste a bit Kitty.

phoenix Mon 10-Jul-17 22:05:55

Kitty, that woman was being gross, irresponsible and other negative terms.

You, on the other hand were taking sensible steps to avoid food wastage, plus reducing the amount that might go into landfill.

I can only imagine the personal sacrifice that went into that action, and salute you for your selfless attitude.

Babs1952 Mon 10-Jul-17 21:42:30

I see the hygienist regularly and I had an appointment today. For a fifteen minute appointment I paid £45. ?

Greyduster Mon 10-Jul-17 19:36:41

My dentist has never sent me to the hygienist. DH thinks I must bribe him as I always come back with a clean bill of health, while he, who cares for his teeth far better than I do, gets sent to the hygienist on a regular basis. He hates it. ? I suppose my turn will come eventually.

Jane10 Mon 10-Jul-17 19:12:27

I don't mind the dentist but hate going to the hygienist. She's always horrible to me in a vaguely passive aggressive manner. Eg making comments to the nurse like 'ooh we can all tell when we've hit a tender part in Jane's mouth can't we? She's a great one for making faces!' Grrrrr just when I can't speak.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Jul-17 18:11:17

shock

hope you have those inter-dental brushes handy for a quick clean (preferably in the sitting room).

kittylester Mon 10-Jul-17 17:31:51

To be fair, I've just come home and finished off yesterday's toffee roulade thereby undoing the good work done by the hygienist! grin

Greyduster Mon 10-Jul-17 16:20:27

Yuuukk!!!

Jane10 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:07:10

Blimey!

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Jul-17 16:05:02

Perhaps she is seeing the hygienist and thinks 'oh well, she/he will have to jolly well earn their money today'

hmm

hope her teeth don't dissolve from the coke before she sees anyone.

Antonia Mon 10-Jul-17 16:04:31

Comfort eating? Stress busting? grin

devongirl Mon 10-Jul-17 15:59:38

Just before seeing the dentist?||

kittylester Mon 10-Jul-17 15:58:09

And a woman has just eaten ( well stuffed her face with) a packet of crisps, a chocolate bar and a bottle of coke.shockconfused