Gransnet forums

Chat

Off to bed! yawn zzzzzzzz

(10 Posts)
rosesarered Thu 17-Aug-17 23:33:02

Am just off to bed now, as if I stay up later than 11.30 I seem to then become energised and won't be able to sleep.Would probably go fridge and cupboard hunting....cornflakes are good!)Then start emailing friends and reading a book, and looking at clothes on the internet etc etc.Anybody else the same?

Eloethan Fri 18-Aug-17 00:15:55

Yes.

Tegan2 Fri 18-Aug-17 00:21:31

Yes; my children thought I was nocturnal. I can be really tired @ 7 and then suddenly spring to life at 10. Never wanted to party and suchlike late into the night, but clean cupboards or dust. And I do get the munchies; just ate a bowl of nuts and raisins.

lemongrove Fri 18-Aug-17 22:40:58

Nuts and raisins are healthy snacks, I just ate a bag of popcorn.
I never feel the urge to clean up at night, I wish I did, more like playing games online.

merlotgran Fri 18-Aug-17 22:46:14

I've just had a bowl of nuts - lovely with a wine grin

Charleygirl Fri 18-Aug-17 22:46:16

Normally I would be in bed by now reading but I do try to switch off my light at midnight or I come to life again. Like others, cleaning is beyond me so late and anyway, I could not use a hoover so late!

watermeadow Sat 19-Aug-17 19:50:47

At 11.30 I've been fast asleep for a couple of hours. I'm tired in the evening and do nothing but reading or staring at my I pad and listening to the radio.
Bed is such a waste of time, I'm always eager to get up early and do something worthwhile.

lemongrove Sat 19-Aug-17 19:57:44

Bed is lovely!
Well, my bed is anyway, super comfy and I love sleep.Cannot bear to get up too early, usually about 8 am.whatever time I go to sleep at night.

Tegan2 Sat 19-Aug-17 22:17:59

Well, I started watching the psychedelic Britain programme on 4 late last night which was then, unfortunately followed by the making of Tubular Bells, so that was the end of my early night. I'm sure I've seen both programmes before but I can't get enough of early Pink Floyd with Syd. Pity about always having to connect Tubular Bells with the Exorcist, though, but may play it tonight in an attempt to exorcise that link.

Tegan2 Sat 19-Aug-17 22:35:07

..then, on the subject of bed and sleep and dreams...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcTdsMx3x8