Gransnet forums

Chat

Not sure

(44 Posts)
BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 08:14:31

I ve been on this site as BlueBelle for 4.5 years, recently I ve noticed another poster Bluebelle posting We seem to think similarly so no big problem but the names are so close that I keep getting myself muddled up and thinking 'did I post that' ? so I m sure others must mix us up too
Now I know I can change my name but I m reluctant as I would lose all those years identity No big deal in the scale of things but I m so surprised that when choosing names GN let us be so basically the same
Would you change, or ask the other poster politely first, or just carry on
Don't scream at me that I m a moaner I m not moaning about it, just trying to clarify the best move forward
What would you do ?

Marydoll Mon 21-Aug-17 22:36:39

grin

Kateykrunch Mon 21-Aug-17 22:35:03

But Coconut is my name!!!!........only kidding lol

Marydoll Mon 21-Aug-17 21:31:58

Good to have a happy ending.?

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 21:30:28

Well I can now update you, Bluebell has become Coconut as all the flowers were already taken so the confusion should be well and truely over
Thanks everyone for your help xx

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 20:12:25

I did ask her to Kittylester so I can find her

kittylester Mon 21-Aug-17 18:05:38

Brilliant - I hope she will tell us her new name!

dustyangel Mon 21-Aug-17 17:48:13

smile

Anya Mon 21-Aug-17 16:41:32

My head's in a spin now!!

Glammy54 Mon 21-Aug-17 16:31:43

That is great - thanks for letting us know!

seacliff Mon 21-Aug-17 16:21:55

That's great news, very kind of her.

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 16:07:47

Hooray Bluebelle has answered my message and is happy to change she was also finding it confusing so all should be well
Thank you Bluebelle for being so understanding

Glammy54 Mon 21-Aug-17 15:39:53

Yes on the iPad, three blues but on the phone, all blue! Well I guess we are talking bluebells!

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 15:24:18

There's only three blue profiles myself ( now) and two others on this thread everyone else is black How blooming weird

seacliff Mon 21-Aug-17 15:10:31

Me too Nina

ninathenana Mon 21-Aug-17 15:03:39

Everyone on this thread is blue on my android phone yet a random check tells me three of you don't have a profile confused

Glammy54 Mon 21-Aug-17 14:40:00

Let us know the outcome ?

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 14:13:55

Thanks so much Glammy you ve located her and now I have sent a personal message at last hoping we can sort it out
Also a great point Dustyangel I hadn't thought of that I will turn it blue without putting anything personal in ....great thinking batman
I feel I m getting somewhere at last

Glammy54 Mon 21-Aug-17 13:45:05

I too was confused BlueBelle. I noticed the "other" Bluebell on Sunday 20th in The Chat Forum on "why are they so hopeless ..." Hope GN can help you resolve it soon.

dustyangel Mon 21-Aug-17 12:52:52

BlueBelle I noticed it when the other Bluebell posted but it was easier to notice the difference when you were actually blue! Would it be worth you reinstating your profile, (and I can understand why you deleted it) but make it very bland i.e. something like "Grandmother with one GC"

Oldwoman70 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:51:29

How can people post under different names - I thought we could only have one! When DH was still alive he tried to join but was unable to because I was already a member -
he used his own email address but I assumed they linked the IP address.

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:38:34

or even confused

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:38:25

I think itellhim is talking to one of her/his alter egos BlueBelle and they probably understand each other even if the rest of us are [conflused]

Jalima1108 Mon 21-Aug-17 12:37:04

I just did a search and the other poster was called bluebell and doesn't appear to have posted lately unless the search facility is not working properly.

Perhaps the other bluebell has gone?

BlueBelle Mon 21-Aug-17 12:20:32

Do you know I am going round in circles with HQ first they told me I can change my name ....I know that
I tried contacting Bluebelle and got a message saying I cant message myself ....so I portrayed that back to HQ they replied ( very quickly) saying the other Bluebelle uses figures not letters so there won't be any confusion ...... well there IS still confusion as I tried messaging Bluebe11e using two 11 s instead of of two ll s only to get a message 'There is no such username' I portrayed this back to HQ and they replied (again quickly) There us only you as Bluebelle on here and anyway anyone can call themselves what they want'
NOW IM TOTALLY CONFUSED
and to add to it I ve no idea what you're on about illtellhim? Who on earth is talking about adverts

So I can't contact the other Bluebelle and HQ seemingly don't want to help Any further ideas ?

illtellhim Mon 21-Aug-17 12:07:09

By now, you should have noticed that this site is up to a standard and down to a price, just look at all the extra adverts, which isn't all bad, because we just purchased a new Ford Edge. smile