Gransnet forums

Chat

I pad

(11 Posts)
watermeadow Mon 21-Aug-17 20:44:32

To see my I pad clearly I need to hold it right in front of my face. I can't hold it up that high for long, especially with a cat on my lap.
Where do other people position their addictive little screens? My lap is too low and too far away from my eyes.

MawBroon Mon 21-Aug-17 20:53:39

I have a mini deck chair book holder thingy which I put on the table in front of me to read my iPad.

Lona Mon 21-Aug-17 21:08:10

I've got a perspex book stand which I balance on a cushion, on my knees.

tanith Mon 21-Aug-17 21:09:34

I have my reading glasses on and the iPad is either on my lap or arm of my chair.

Oriel Mon 21-Aug-17 21:19:00

I put prop mine up on a cushion on my lap

Oriel Mon 21-Aug-17 21:20:07

Can you prop yours up on your cat? smile

Anniebach Mon 21-Aug-17 21:28:10

I lie on the sofa , knees bent and prop it against my thighs with the bottom resting on my tummy

Alima Mon 21-Aug-17 21:29:18

If I am watching something on Iplayer and sit at the table I use one of those deckchair thingy holding things otherwise I just hold the iPad. If I am on the sofa I just hold it, generally over the cat as he doesn't like being rested upon. (In fact he has been known to nibble the corners if liberties are taken).

Swanny Mon 21-Aug-17 21:42:45

DGS has a stand for his iPad with a fold back base. He can use it flat/hold it upright or prop it up on the table. It also provides protection if he drops it ...

NanaMacGeek Tue 22-Aug-17 22:21:34

Hello watermeadow, have you played with your iPad's accessibility settings to suit your vision? There are quite a few adjustments you can make, you could set up the zoom feature so that you can zoom in on areas of the screen, rather than hold the iPad to your face. Here is a link that explains some of the iPad's accessibility settings:- www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/ipad/vision/
I beg your pardon if you already know all this, I hope some of the tips from other GNs help.

BlueBelle Wed 23-Aug-17 06:06:13

I have a lovely new recliner suite but I still sit on the floor ? So iPad is either in my hands on my legs ahead or on the floor at the side of me I have the kind of cover that folds to hold it up in 'up' position or now lying in bed its propped on my boob hand on top to stabilise it
My eyes are terrible but I just change the font size if needed