Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you remember a time...

(17 Posts)
lizzypopbottle Fri 01-Sep-17 15:39:15

...when bra straps were adjusted at the front? You put your bra on, adjusted the straps if necessary and you were ready to finish dressing. Now that bra straps adjust at the back, unless you have someone to help, you have to take it off to make adjustments before putting it on again. If it's still not quite right, you have to take it off etc.

Why are things changed to make them less convenient? Can you think of other examples?

aggie Fri 01-Sep-17 15:57:16

Oh I do remember that ! It takes me forever to get mine on and if it isn't right I just have to droop all day wink

aggie Fri 01-Sep-17 15:59:43

Velcro fastenings on sandals ....... grrrrr mine snap closed before I have time to pull it tight .... so droopy b...s and sloppy sandals ... lovely picture ?
buckles on the straps were tidier and nicer to look at

glammanana Fri 01-Sep-17 16:07:02

I think the ajuster at the front of bra's made the overall line under a jumper/blouse much more bulky than having it at the back,easier fastening is the front loader it is easily fastened up.

kittylester Fri 01-Sep-17 16:15:03

I get myself measured and keep the straps where the assistant puts it.

grannysue05 Fri 01-Sep-17 16:32:26

Sainsbury's new self service tills.
The display screen now displays your purchase in a moving box.
If you want to check the price, you have to follow the box as it floats across the screen.
What happened to the list with price that was so easy to see on the previous system?

M0nica Fri 01-Sep-17 16:48:35

I just adjust the straps to fit when I wear a new bra for the first time and leave it at that. It is not something I keep doing. The adjustable devices used to adjust straps, stop them unadjusting once set right.

hildajenniJ Fri 01-Sep-17 17:43:21

I don't have a problem with my bras being adjusted at the back, it's my nightdresses. They too have the adjustable bits at the back, they are satin, and keep sliding. It's very annoying, and I'm going to have to stitch them in position.

lizzypopbottle Fri 01-Sep-17 20:02:08

I suppose I keep my bras for too long (years of washing ?) and the straps seem to slip and need adjusting otherwise, as well as droop, the straps slide off my shoulders...

M0nica Fri 01-Sep-17 20:06:11

I suppose it also depends on how big your breasts are as to what extent straps get stretched and you droop.

cornergran Fri 01-Sep-17 20:36:51

Today I was heard to mutter 'I remember a time children ate what they were given....'. hmm.

Welshwife Fri 01-Sep-17 20:49:30

The bras I buy here in France are a pain with the adjuster at the back but they fit me the best (Dim) - but not only that they have a metal circle which often sits on the top of the shoulder and bites in. The other make ( best way) with comfy straps have three hooks and seem tighter round the torso for the same size - comfy when on though.

aggie Fri 01-Sep-17 21:51:57

I was bought a front fastening bra by DD3 , it is like a straight Jacket

Anya Fri 01-Sep-17 22:01:12

cornergran me too! ?

POGS Fri 01-Sep-17 23:11:47

Dustbins.

The 'Bin man' came to collect, the bins were emptied, the bins were returned. SIMPLES.

Now you have to separate what goes in them, you have 3 or 4 bins instead of one, you have to cart them back and forth and the blasted things are lined up like a Terracotta Army in some streets that make the country look like a s---e hole.

If that wasn't enough they were emptied once or twice a week now it's 2/3/4 weeks before they are even collected . Lovely for maggots so all is not lost.

Auntieflo Sat 02-Sep-17 14:38:04

confused

Auntieflo Sat 02-Sep-17 14:40:14

Apologies for that POGS, I hadn't gone back to the OP, and was reading about bras.