Gransnet forums

Chat

Raffle lucky?

(8 Posts)
chicken Mon 04-Sep-17 17:09:17

Are you the one who wins the prizes in raffles? My Dad was always the one who brought home a prize---I remember when he won a rabbit and a cage! My mother was NOT pleased. Sadly, although I inherited his mousy hair, I didn't inherit his raffle luck. A good friend also has this luck and invariably wins a prize at the WI., which she actually finds very embarrassing. There will never be a lottery or Ernie win for me I'm afraid. Shame!

gillybob Mon 04-Sep-17 17:58:01

I couldn't win a bloomin' argument chicken . I did once "win" a prize from Gransnet for a meal in a posh restaurant, I was so excited but when I rang up to book I was told I could only use the prize Monday-Thursday and only during a 2 week window which I couldn't make. I thought it was too good to be true ! grin

Coolgran65 Mon 04-Sep-17 18:04:52

DH won a television in a raffle.
I won a painting - on two different occasions.

Sadly, ERNIE has forgotten about me.

Smithy Mon 04-Sep-17 18:06:50

I only ever won an odd tenner on the lottery - I don't do it now. Once I won ยฃ150 in M and S vouchers in a local newspaper competition, and was so amazed I said '' Are you sure?'' to the lady who rang to give me the good news. Apart from that very little, maybe something from the tombola table. But I count my luck in other ways.

Gagagran Mon 04-Sep-17 18:13:57

I'm lucky at winning things. Usually win one or two Ernie prizes and very often win a raffle prize. DH never wins raffles but does fet the odd Ernie prize. I won a stay at Warners on Gransnet which was amazing!

Moneyboss Mon 04-Sep-17 18:33:05

I once won an umbrella that went rusty. confused

BBbevan Mon 04-Sep-17 18:39:13

I won a jigsaw when I was twelve and a kindle four years ago. Only another sixty yrs to go 'til the next win !

Imperfect27 Mon 04-Sep-17 19:33:16

Tombolas - quite lucky, but raffles not so. We occasionally buy a lotto ticket, but have won very little except free lucky dips. Some members of DH's family seem to have lots of 'modest' wins.

One day, (maybe) we'll be millionaires (Delboy!) grin