Gransnet forums

Chat

Caught in pjs -AGAIN!

(11 Posts)
Imperfect27 Tue 05-Sep-17 09:52:50

Read and weep.

I obviously don't learn ...or do I?

After my recent, 'caught bra-less at the front door' unexpected visitor moment - you will have to read the earlier post grin - ten minutes ago there was a knock at my door and , yes, I was still in my pjs.

Ah Gransetters, I have been taught well ... I had a coverall dressing gown to hand.

Unexpected visitor this time was our MOT man, come to collect my DH's keys. He was due at 1, but had a cancellation - must add that to my 'be wary of reasons why visitors may come unexpectedly' list!

Still, rather shame-faced, I said' I am not often in my pjs at this time ... (ok, so I may have been fibbing a bit here, but thought he is not to know! However, I don;t think he believed me for a moment. He grinned and said 'Don't worry, my wife is! He promptly scrolled through on his mobile and - completely uninvited of course - showed me a picture of his OH reclining in her pjs! - all very neat and tidy, but definitely nightwear smile. A woman of a similar age I would say and he said ' She's got nothing to get up for as she's not at work!'

Still chuckling now as I think I would have been a bit horrified to think any picture of me in my pjs would be shown to a complete stranger ... Wonder if it was YOU? grin grin grin Made me feel slightly better about my slothfulness though ...

Tegan2 Tue 05-Sep-17 10:34:53

I spend so much time in my pyjamas that I sometimes worry, when I'm driving somewhere, that I've forgotten to change into proper clothes. What I wear most of the time is similar to my pyjamas anyway [baggy trousers, leggings and t shirts].

Sunlover Tue 05-Sep-17 10:40:35

Still in mine!

lemongrove Tue 05-Sep-17 10:48:28

I never wear pj's! shock

lemongrove Tue 05-Sep-17 10:50:06

If it had been lunchtime, you would have felt worse.?

GrannyA11i Tue 05-Sep-17 11:00:16

I used to be horrified when people admitted being in pjs in the daytime. Now I am reading GN with a cuppa in my nightie !

goldengirl Tue 05-Sep-17 11:14:43

I'm afraid I loathe being in my nightie even with a dressing gown during the day. I get up, have breakfast and then shower and dress. I'm not a pretty sight if I'm not dressed!!! I have been caught once or twice though - felt awful but the postman didn't bad an eyelid - very well trained he was.

NanaandGrampy Tue 05-Sep-17 11:22:39

When I worked from home in the later part of my career I considered PJs work dress ! Only time I got caught out was an unexpected video call !!

Tizliz Tue 05-Sep-17 13:24:05

Saturday, was just thinking of getting dressed when someone opened the gate and reversed down the drive. OH went to investigate and found I had volunteered him for a job. Wasn't sure if I should hurriedly dress and go and explain or hide under the duvet ?

MissAdventure Tue 05-Sep-17 13:38:47

A friend of mine changes into pjs the second she gets home from anywhere, whatever time it is. The only concession she makes is that she has smarter ones for when visitors call.

Morgana Tue 05-Sep-17 19:03:36

When my daughter was staying recently I was still in dressing gown with very little underneath late morning as I had been busy helping with the little ones. She packed all her stuff in the car, took the kids out, D.H. went out to help. Then I realised that she had left the change bag behind! What to do? She had had to park a few doors away as men had turned up to mend potholes that morning. So i couldnt hang out the upstairs windows and shout. I had to go out in my dressing gown stand on the pavement and wave the bag and bellow to deaf husband! I am waiting for someone I know to say 'oh I saw you in your dressing gown'.