Gransnet forums

Chat

Feast or famine

(11 Posts)
kittylester Thu 28-Sep-17 08:01:36

This week has been really busy with lunches out, tea out, a funeral, the school run, volunteering, visiting people having birthdays, phoning people with problems and birthdays as well as all the usual cooking, washing, ironing etc etc.

Next week - apart from the school run - nothing.

Why does that happen? confused

ninathenana Thu 28-Sep-17 08:06:54

It is indeed a phenomenon.
I wouldn't mine an occasional feast week I seem to have mostly famine.

Ooh, I did have to take H to hospital check up yesterday.

travelsafar Thu 28-Sep-17 08:07:19

I know what you mean, i have weeks like that so i just rest up and regain my energy for the next busy week, which always comes by the way!! lol

petra Thu 28-Sep-17 08:30:54

I know what you mean kitty although I have to say I do love it when OH says " what's on today" and I can say "nothing".
Today it's massage this morning, McMillan Nurse coffee &cake this afternoon, then quiz night.

Greyduster Thu 28-Sep-17 08:37:37

I was talking to my friend last night and trying to sort out a date for her to come to lunch. She always has more feast weeks than famine, but next month, the roles seem to be reversed - it's not that often we are busier than she is!

Teetime Thu 28-Sep-17 08:45:02

Well my diary looks very similar to when I was at work but I am pruning it now so I can take on a new challenge next year.

Smithy Thu 28-Sep-17 09:58:44

I find exactly the same kitty. And if I arrange to go away to my daughter's for a few days you can bet that I will miss some outing or suchlike. If only we could arrange these things to suit our diaries and not other peoples.

lemongrove Thu 28-Sep-17 10:06:36

Diaries do fill up, sometimes too much and you feel that life is galloping by.I love the new diary in Jan with nothing at all in as yet!

SueDonim Thu 28-Sep-17 13:19:25

We recently had a commitment-free week on the calendar. It didn't stay that way for long, as the week suddenly filled with all sorts of things and we ended up even busier than usual!

I'm agonising right now whether to go and do some bits I need to do in town or spend this sunny afternoon doing my garden potswith bulbs for the Spring.

BBbevan Thu 28-Sep-17 14:05:14

I have three funerals to go to next week. Sad time

grannyactivist Thu 28-Sep-17 16:55:19

I'm still in 'famine' mode and not missing my usual frenetic pace. Apart from occasionally walking the dog and attending my son's Graduation Ceremony I haven't been out of the house since returning from holiday almost a month ago. The fatigue accompanying shingles has forced me into a complete rest (I'm really desperate not to get PVF/CFS/ME) and I have genuinely been quite happy to simply vegetate. Next week I shall start to pick up on one or two things, but will be very careful not to go back to the hectic lifestyle I had before becoming ill.