Gransnet forums

Chat

If it was free, what personal servant would you have?

(161 Posts)
Oopsadaisy12 Sun 18-Feb-18 16:48:26

Following on from another thread which related that the Queen has a Piper to wake her up, what would you like to have to help you out?
I think I would have a chef, healthy meals prepared for me
( they would have to do the food shop as well and be able to hide anything fattening) then when I reached my ideal weight, a loyal dressmaker.
Actually a Chauffeur might be nice too. I don’t think that one servant will be enough!

biglouis Wed 13-Apr-22 22:29:57

chauffeur cum handyperson

effalump Wed 13-Apr-22 11:33:42

Oldwoman70. Me too.

jerseygirl Sat 09-Apr-22 14:35:05

someone to clean my oven!! i absolutely hate doing it

Coco51 Sat 09-Apr-22 06:50:05

Maid/Man of all work - for cleaning and driving

LauraNorderr Fri 08-Apr-22 20:13:52

Someone to scratch my back. The one thing Orlin just can’t master, nails too short and poor judge of ‘inch to the left’.

Ethelwashere1 Fri 08-Apr-22 19:52:37

I would like someone to work out my money, to pay the bills and shopping and give me pocket money. I hate having to scrimp

kevincharley Fri 08-Apr-22 19:43:00

As kittylester I'd have someone to change my bedding regularly.

seadragon Fri 08-Apr-22 19:42:46

DH already does all the cooking, food shopping and ensures we have a healthy tasty diet...but I really really need a personal organiser.

GreyKnitter Fri 08-Apr-22 18:32:34

A housekeeper I think, who would load and empty the dishwasher, do a bit of ironing and keep the house clean. Maybe some cooking too.

CBBL Fri 08-Apr-22 17:52:44

A Handyman would be bliss for me.
I'm partially sighted and cannot see clearly for so many things that I'd like to do - but just can't!

annodomini Fri 08-Apr-22 17:50:05

A factotum.

Cs783 Fri 08-Apr-22 17:42:58

Definitely in fantasyland… you know the automated car wash? Until there is automated washing for humans, someone to get the shower just right, then after that switch it to a drying blast of hot air, oh and clean, dry and polish the shower afterwards.

The cellist playing Bach meanwhile would be a nice touch, Philippalll

MissAdventure Fri 08-Apr-22 17:21:40

Philippa111

Someone to massage my legs and feet with aromatherapy oils. Someone to bring me fresh spices from the East. Someone to tend my Cashmere goats and then make me all of my clothes for winter out of the cashmere. I would definitely have enjoyed living in Roman times of servants at every turn. But knowing my luck I would have been a servant!...and oh... a cellist to play Bach whilst I bathe!

Simple pleasures, eh? grin

JdotJ Fri 08-Apr-22 17:20:34

A chauffeur

Philippa111 Fri 08-Apr-22 17:04:00

Someone to massage my legs and feet with aromatherapy oils. Someone to bring me fresh spices from the East. Someone to tend my Cashmere goats and then make me all of my clothes for winter out of the cashmere. I would definitely have enjoyed living in Roman times of servants at every turn. But knowing my luck I would have been a servant!...and oh... a cellist to play Bach whilst I bathe!

SiobhanSharpe Fri 08-Apr-22 16:52:02

kittylester

A bed changer - turns up on alternate days, changes the bed, takes the 'dirty' stuff away, washes and irons it and comes back to start all over again.

I wouldn't have this every day as you'd need a day with non fresh linen to appreciate the new bedding.

And, of course, I wouldn't have to see the operation.

Buta housekeeper would be in charge of all your laundry and changing bed linen as often as you specify, I'd have thought.
Along with keeping the while house clean and tidy. What's not to love? A housekeeper every time for me.
(I like cooking and don't mind shopping so they wouldn't have to do that. Just clean up the kitchen after me...)

Corkie91 Fri 08-Apr-22 16:43:21

A hairdresser to do my hair each day, having great hair is such a moral booster makes you fell confident and great all day long

Juicylucy Fri 08-Apr-22 16:25:31

Definitely a house keeper as they cover a range of jobs. All sorted by just the one person. Result.

oodles Fri 08-Apr-22 16:15:34

a housekeeper who drives

Purplepoppies Fri 08-Apr-22 15:57:56

Totally agree @Envious.
Deep tissue massage any time would be AMAZING.
I could do with one right now. Sadly disappointed with the last one.
The lady I used to go to retrained as a midwife. She was fabulous.
I can't afford them often and its annoying to leave £60 lighter and still tight as drum ?

Rosina Fri 08-Apr-22 15:27:06

I too would love a chauffeur. Hearing someone say that if they won the lottery they would have one, I thought it pointless , but having thought it over, how wonderful to whistle up 'James' and be whisked to wherever you want to go, with no thoughts of parking, traffic jams - oh what a treat. To get out of the car where you want to go, and then ring 'James' when you are ready to go home. A great deal of strain woudl be removed from every outing, and if he could cut the grass and weed the flowerbeds as a sideline that would be bliss.

Susie42 Fri 08-Apr-22 14:45:28

A cleaner, window cleaner, and gardener.

Usernametaken Fri 08-Apr-22 14:43:42

I would love a Gardener, hate gardening with a passion, would much rather tackle housework and ironing.

Love sitting in the garden when it’s warm with a nice glass of wine though ?

HurdyGurdy Fri 08-Apr-22 14:28:01

A housekeeper, with emphasis on clean bedding every day smile

M0nica Fri 08-Apr-22 14:12:28

I would never choose to have a personal servant of any kind. I would prefer to use the money to buy in services as and when I needed them.