Gransnet forums

Chat

Celebrity look a like

(117 Posts)
MissAdventure Wed 28-Feb-18 15:41:10

Have you ever been told that you look like anyone famous?
Would you care to share who it is, or was?

Silverlining47 Thu 01-Mar-18 16:40:22

Hi nannysusie! I've also been told I looked like Helen Mirren. Very flattering! In the 70s I was told I looked like Jane Asher....long swingy red hair.
When I lived in London I was quite often asked if I was on tv because I looked 'familiar' but they couldn't remember who I reminded them of!

Marnie Thu 01-Mar-18 14:40:48

No one famous. Just look like my mother.

nannysusie Thu 01-Mar-18 14:40:35

I've been told by quite a few people (so it must be true!!) that I look like Helen Mirren. I'll take that!

Grandmama Thu 01-Mar-18 14:21:20

In my early 30s (about a hundred years ago) someone said I made him think of Angela Rippon hmm

lizzypopbottle Thu 01-Mar-18 14:19:08

I was told, many years ago, that I looked like Angela Pleasence. If you search Google for images of her, they are mostly quite scary. I don't think my eyes are quite so close set... ?

MissAdventure Thu 01-Mar-18 14:11:32

She looked fabulous, I thought, when her hair was short and grey, after chemo.
Glad you're better, it must have been quite scary. flowers

Mrsdof Thu 01-Mar-18 14:02:53

I was often told I looked like Lynda Bellingham (Bisto Mum/Loose Women). And then I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer just a few weeks after her and for a while I felt as if my life was running in parallel to hers. Luckily for me I am now fine but it was a bit creepy at the time. ☹️

icanhandthemback Thu 01-Mar-18 13:57:49

I was once told I looked like Kate Bush but I can't see it myself. I am also continually mistaken for "somebody else" and have often had an argument about whether it was me at the pub or wherever when I know it couldn't have been. I don't know who this other person is but she seems to have a much livelier life than mine. envy

grannyinmypocket Thu 01-Mar-18 13:55:35

Kate Bush, Morticia, Bette Davis, and Jo Brand , at different stages,

Patticake123 Thu 01-Mar-18 13:50:14

Many, many, many years ago I was frequently mistaken for Miss Diane from Crossroads. I don’t think I’d be likened to anyone other than Mrs Overall from Acorn Antiques nowadays!

Coconut Thu 01-Mar-18 13:49:14

At my sons wedding my mother said I looked like Joan Collins ! She was less than happy when one of my grandsons told her that she looked like Mrs Doubtfire ?

Smurf52 Thu 01-Mar-18 13:47:59

I was told in the 80s I looked like a Helen Lederer who was a comedienne at the time.

Overthehills Thu 01-Mar-18 13:45:28

I was just happy being told I didn’t look old enough to have children of whatever age they were. Haven’t heard that for a while!
Great thread - made me laugh out loud and that’s a rare thing! You’re all very self deprecating! grin

farview Thu 01-Mar-18 13:23:06

Often told I look like Susan Sarandon haha in Palma two Germans asked for an autograph and to take a photo.I told them I wasn't her,they didn't believe me..they would now though,as a previous poster said,Susan hasn't aged..I flippin have.haha

Lyndie Thu 01-Mar-18 13:17:54

Natalie wood and now Nigella.

Blinko Thu 01-Mar-18 13:15:11

I was once told I looked like Jane Fonda. This was by an ex who at the time certainly had an agenda... grin Nowadays I look like both my grandmothers.

Dontaskme Thu 01-Mar-18 12:45:59

When I was in Selfridges in London about 40 years ago one of the assistants suddenly shouted "oh my god you're that lead singer from Clout"! She ran round the counter and wouldn't believe that it wasn't me, insisting on an autograph (I wrote my own name) and calling people over. At the time I was slightly offended as I thought the real singer was a bit on the bigger side (at the time I was 5'7 and 8st 4). Looking back I would LOVE to be mistaken for her now. I've shrunk in height to around 5'5 and gained, literally, around 10st! Those were the days! I've just youtubed Clout and it makes me very sad and actually, yes, I did look like her!

DanniRae Thu 01-Mar-18 12:43:31

My husband is constantly told that he looks like the racing driver Damien Hill - we can't see it however.

I showed someone my wedding photos recently (taken 48 years ago) and they insisted that I looked like Susan Saradon.
I might have done then but definitely not now.

Foxyferret Thu 01-Mar-18 12:40:15

I was told I looked like Judith Durham, lead singer of the seekers when I was young. I only wished I had her voice, beautiful.

brunswick Thu 01-Mar-18 12:25:34

In my teens and early twenties: a young Betty Davis (mainly the eyes) - Miss Dianne from Crossroads, one of the blonde Nolan Sisters -forgotten which one. A few years back - Julianne Moore.

BBbevan Thu 01-Mar-18 12:22:03

When we were first going out DH looked exactly like Herman from Herman's Hermits. Now its Captain Birdseye

Chicklette Thu 01-Mar-18 12:10:05

Many many years ago I was told I looked like the girl in Ladt Tango in Paris. I didn't mind that. These days my loving family tell me I look like Wendolene from Wallace and Gromit ??

cavewoman Thu 01-Mar-18 12:02:24

Sue Barker and Dusty Springfield.
Although my OH thinks I look like Clare Balding!

fluff Thu 01-Mar-18 11:59:12

My husband who is a hairdresser was dying my hair once and decided my eyebrows needed a bit of a dye job as well , he stood back and looked at the effect with the Dye still in place, laughed his socks off and said I looked like Nigel Mansell !

MissAdventure Thu 01-Mar-18 11:52:52

grin well, that's the least flattering one yet!