See you in the new kitchen. flowers

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:49:42

One! grin

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:49:23

Two...

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:49:03

Countdown started...THREE

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:48:26

Cushions plumped and comfortable chairs awaiting you lot. Also...gasp...I've saved some real cake for your afternoon brew

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:46:28

I am about to put my feet up and read the newspapers. It remains a damp, breezy day.

This kitchen is on the verge of closing in readiness for a new venue.

I shall make certain that the new kitchen is ready and waiting. wink

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:36:20

Buddy is beautiful. I love his colouring.

JaneD3 Sun 20-May-18 14:30:53

Ouch Galen that does look sore. This is Buddy, to young for jabs so has to be carried. He is a pointer.

soop Sun 20-May-18 14:08:28

Galen That is one buggeration of a bruise. Thank goodness that you didn't fall flat on your face. You poor darlin' flowers flowers flowers

annodomini Sun 20-May-18 13:51:05

Thanks, Galen. When someone says, 'Don't look', it's human nature to look! As I'm sure you know. That's really horrible and must be sore. I know you won't let it ruin your cruise. grin

Galen Sun 20-May-18 13:00:48

If you’re squeamish

DO NOT LOOK AT THIS

soop Sun 20-May-18 11:03:45

A very good morning dear all. It's dampish and there is a cheeky breeze. Otherwise, all is well and I am sober. grin

Galen What are you like? All that I can say is - wear a winning smile and enjoy the sunshine and all the pamperings that you can muster during your well deserved cruise.

JaneD3 You will be kept on your toes today. Any pics of the puppy? What breed is it? The ceiling will wait until you are duty free. The thought of your forthcoming holiday will give you extra energy.

JaneD3 Sat 19-May-18 22:11:11

Galen - what a b.....r for you! The ceiling is in abeyance as we are babysitting DGS and DGD and the 8 week old puppy this weekend. However everything is prepped and ready to go on Monday. Want painting finished by Wednesday as we go on holiday on Saturday! ?

Galen Sat 19-May-18 17:41:03

Update!
Imagine soops leg x 5
That’s my upper arm.
My back feels slightly better and I’m sure my arm will be ok by the end of the cruise. I will have to keep dressings on it until it’s healed. I’ll end up with a rather odd patterned suntan and it’ll spoil the elegance of my evening gowns, but what ho! That’s life!

soop Sat 19-May-18 17:07:00

Panache Thank you for an amusing update. Sorry, I've scoffed all the cake that happened to fall on to my plate. In fact, there is no need or room for a Saturday roast. No way! A simple bowl of soup will suffice.

We've to empty the boot of the plants and decant them into pots where they will live overnight. Tomorrow we'll find them a permanent home.

I am still feeling slightly squiffy. I wonder why hmm and I shall away to disrobe of my finery and put on baggy pants and a sweatshirt. Bliss!

I shall be proper sober tomorrow morning. Please take good care of yourselves and enjoy the remains of the day.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz smileZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzmoon

Panache Sat 19-May-18 16:47:15

Afternoon my bonny band of happy kitcheners,even those giddy and tipsy!!

After all its been the Wedding of the year and after viewing all that which I suppose is classed as "finery" I think I shall stay true to my own fashion sense!
Loved Meghan`s extremely simple,but very elegant dress aimed to enhance her perfect small body and the boat shaped neckline showing off one of a ladies best features......her decolette,in this instance her beautiful olive skin.
Simple florals too,so "just right" but then a stunning perfumed show within the Chapel.
Long may that look of pure love shine in their eyes I say..........and now back to the mundane.

What a let down!!

Envious of all whom have been quaffing champers..........and eating -real-cake......it is alright for some of you!

Poor Greyduster first you blamed the Welsh cider and now its those painful mouth ulcers..........horrid indeed.......my first "port of call" when in need re moth issues is partaking of hot salted water,and it works most of the time.
Hope this next trip to Wales will bring better news regarding your loved one.

So may I ask how goes the painting of the kitchen ceiling Jane?
I think you may need some encouragement?
Never crumbs where I am BTW!!!

Our few summer bedding plants were duly planted out and now looking healthier for it,.......My DH`s sweet peas are also moving upwards nicely so I am looking forward to some cuttings indoors.Love the pastel shades and the heady perfume.

My "poorly leg" is really causing concern however watching THE Wedding allowed me to elevate on high for all those hours............so at least I am listening and obeying.

Back to a rerun of Wedding Fever I think!

Enjoy your weekend ......and yes I do need fattening so any cake............virtual or real.......just point me in the right direction!!

soop Sat 19-May-18 16:19:40

I have had an unworn pearl choker in my dressing table drawer for well over thirty years. Today, it was part of my outfit.

soop Sat 19-May-18 16:15:12

A bonnie good afternoon to our Granspal kitcheners. sunshine

I must confess to being everso slightly tipsy. Four glasses of Champagne to blame, and now I'm drinking coffee at home.

It was a lovely cake and plant sale. We bought buns and date slices and an entire boot full of plants. One for indoors and fourteen for the areas in the garden that deserve an update. All proceeds go towards the much needed renovation to the village hall. A very good cause.

The wedding celebration at our pal's house was fun. We had a delicious buffet and plentiful supplies of champagne. The bride looked radiant and I though that her dress was elegant, the veil was gorgeous and the simple posy of flowers was perfect in it's simplicity. Harry looked truly happy. The crowds gathered were enjoying the spectacle. No other country does pageantry as stylishly as the British.

NanaandGrampy Sat 19-May-18 14:09:49

Morning all!

We woke early and sat and watched the wedding for a while . I have to say there were parts of the service I thought a bit odd but if that’s what they wanted all power to them.

Entertaining listening to the American coverage ( they are totally confused and giddy by it all !) .

I wore my sun hat in deference to the occasion and Grampy put his new t shirt on .

But , now that’s done we are away to enjoy the day.

Wedding cake anyone? X

kittylester Sat 19-May-18 07:04:08

How is the ceiling jane?

The resident dentist recommends hotsalt mouth washes for ulcers too gd. One of our DDs suffers really badly so we have tried most remedies.

I hope everyone has a lovely day whether celebrating the Royal wedding or not. I intend to watch the wedding before Bertie and Persie descend.

JaneD3 Fri 18-May-18 22:12:50

G? Yes please!

NanaandGrampy Fri 18-May-18 22:01:33

Evening all,

I am sat looking over the waterways at the sun sinking low in the sky and thinking what a lucky person I am !!

I’m glad to see the Kitcheners are getting on with the important stuff, like painting the roof of the Sistine chapel and eating cake!

We popped out earlier and I am surprised to find that we are expected to have intimate knowledge of the royal wedding goings on - I am tempted in true sarcastic British fashion to take on an accent like Bert from Mary Poppins and bemoan my lack of an invite! !

You will be pleased to know I am making the world economy go round by shopping furiously !

Sorry to hear about poorly legs and mouth ulcers, please take care of yourselves !

Well, it’s 5 o’clock here.... g & t anyone? Xx

JaneD3 Fri 18-May-18 18:41:41

Greyduster my dentist told me to rinse with salt water. He said the some of the gels can be harsh and damage the healthy tissue so the things just get bigger. Horrid for you.
Panache if the birds have eaten the crumbs, look out for empty champagne bottles ?

callgirl1 Fri 18-May-18 17:30:03

Sorry that you`re suffering Greyduster, several years ago I got mouth ulcers on a regular basis, at those times I lived on ice cream and jelly. I hope you have a pleasant stay in Wales, and that there isn`t too much cause for concern over your sister-in-law.
Soop, I wish I was experiencing Kintyre sunshine, all I see through my window, even in the sunshine, are houses and walls.

soop Fri 18-May-18 17:23:02

Goodness me! It's hot out in the garden. I've opted to come on into the cool of our home.

Tomorrow is the cake and plant sale in the village hall. We shall attend and treat ourselves to real cake. Sorry that I shall be unable to share with you lot wink
After the sale we'll be joining the clan at our pal's home for tasty bites and Champagne. It will be a treat to share the happy day with like-minded folk. It certainly will raise a few smiles and for that, we're grateful.

When I return in the afternoon, I shall pop into the kitchen. Should there be need for the next kitchen to be opened, please will the last visitor do it on my behalf. The key is under the geranium pot outside the door. I would hate for there to be folk wandering around needlessly.

I'm wishing you all a peaceful and pleasant Friday evening. Take care. smile moon

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion