Gransnet forums

Chat

Snowden night walk for cancer charity

(14 Posts)
Menopaws Mon 16-Apr-18 08:20:33

I'm just about to start training for a night walk up Snowden in September with my husband in aid of Marsden hospitals where he is treated. I know it will be good for me to lose weight, get healthier and have a focus and to share with him etc so I am looking to my gn mates to encourage me because once I've put it out there I know there's no going back!

Anniebach Mon 16-Apr-18 08:29:57

Do you mean the mountain in North Wales Menopaws ?

Panache Mon 16-Apr-18 15:32:25

Anyone that is happy to do their little bit for a Cancer charity gets my backing every time,and I feel sure you will benefit from it in many ways,plus knowing you have helped others in need will be that extra boost..
A win win situation Meopaws, and I wish you every blessing.

Menopaws Mon 16-Apr-18 21:09:41

Thank you panache and Annie

Anniebach Mon 16-Apr-18 21:52:36

Avoid the Crib Goch path, it's the hardest climb .

The Llanberis path is the easiest but longest .

When a gal I liked the Miners track, then changed to the Llanberis when a bit older , then settled for the train ?

Good luck, it is beautiful at the top, if the mist doesn't come down, wish I could still do it

Menopaws Tue 17-Apr-18 06:07:56

It's an organised trip by the Marsden for about fifty people so it's the easiest path, start in the evening and walk back down at dawn so hope it is clear

MawBroon Tue 17-Apr-18 08:10:50

Years ago when Paw was diagnosed with Lymphoma and receiving Monoclonal Antibody Therapy (successfully) I did the Race for Life for Cancer Research.
I emailed all our friends and family, and quite unashamedly invited them to sponsor me.
Delighted to say I raised over £1000 .
Good luck! (I have pm’d you BTW)

midgey Tue 17-Apr-18 08:19:25

I thought you were referring to Edward Snowden! The mountain is Snowdon, tricky to remember which is whatgrin.

Anniebach Tue 17-Apr-18 08:40:20

Sorry I missed 'night'. pity you will miss the view but such a worthy cause and lots of company. Have good rain gear just in case, it is Wales ?

Panache Tue 17-Apr-18 08:46:24

Talking of Wales.........and rain,yes sincerely hope you escape the battering we are having here in the west of the Country!
A big Good Luck to you all from me.

midgey Tue 17-Apr-18 09:10:15

Forgot to say good luck and well done you!

Menopaws Tue 17-Apr-18 18:14:50

I apologise for misspelling Snowdon, I'm pretty sure I spelled it right but came out wrong, thank you all for your good wishes, I will do my best !

Menopaws Wed 18-Apr-18 18:13:26

We have been given a sensible kit list and although we start in the dark we come back down at dawn which should be lovely Annie, I've officially signed up so no going back!

Anniebach Wed 18-Apr-18 18:42:27

So beautiful to see dawn breaking from up there Menopaws, I never climb it at night, now I wish I had. My younger daughters husband proposed to her on Snowdon, not at the top, she sent me a photograph, both tucked under a over hanging rock, Some snow - on Christmas Day ?.

Let's hope it stays dry, you will love it