Gransnet forums

Chat

Annoying adverts

(107 Posts)
Tweedle24 Mon 16-Apr-18 12:13:59

Not high on the list of importance but, does anyone else have a particular advert that annoys them?
My current one is the optician who introduces herself as ‘the Boots optician’. Sorry! Of course she is the Boots optician. They are in the Boots optical department, not the local pub!

Granny23 Sat 21-Apr-18 22:29:23

I'll second lizzypopbottle re the Bingo Ads, which always show a crowd of happy people at the beach or a funfare. I suppose the idea is to make punters think they are part of a friendly club rather than solitary gamblers, 'home alone'.

Hm999 Sat 21-Apr-18 21:25:43

There's a cake one where the younger brother pinches the last cake at a function for grumpy big sister, who realises how much she loves him when he gives her the cake. And then he runs out the room turning her light off. I thought this was priceless, so like a brother and sister. So they recut it, and left off the final funny bit. Now it's just a tedious ad.

AlieOxon Sat 21-Apr-18 17:43:25

Just makes me mute them!

lemongrove Sat 21-Apr-18 17:18:26

They really are louder than the programmes, I once read, it’s to grab our attention.

AlieOxon Sat 21-Apr-18 16:05:43

And - anyone notice? they all seem to be LOUDER than the programmes!

lemongrove Fri 20-Apr-18 21:37:32

Haha, loved these ad comments.grin
Have to agree with those who hate the AA ad with a curly haired moppet ‘singing’ Proud Mary.....shudder.
Although I like the He Man and Skeletor dancing ad.
I haven’t seen the one featuring parsnips, must look out for that one.
There are far too many funeral ads (makes me uneasy)?
Owen Wilson is annoying, does he really need the money?
Any ad with James Corden in makes me reach for the remote.

susieq3 Fri 20-Apr-18 18:08:21

I’m with you Bluegal.Cant bear any of them.I record and fast forward.

Autumnleaves Thu 19-Apr-18 15:23:30

I hate the shouting voice of the man advertising double glazing," I said, you buy one, you get one free".

Neilspurgeon0 Thu 19-Apr-18 11:07:10

Yes GariellaG I agree completely, all rubbish and NONE aimed at us

Neilspurgeon0 Thu 19-Apr-18 11:04:27

On the other hand “I’d like to teach the world to sing” really did do wonders for Coke sales back in the day (thanks son for that awful expression now firmly lodged in my bonce)

Sheilasue Thu 19-Apr-18 10:25:36

Go compare with James Cordon, stupid advert.

Oldwoman70 Thu 19-Apr-18 08:00:20

While I am on holiday ads. There is one with a little girl marching around a swimming pool like a brat - again don't know which holiday company but certainly wouldn't encourage me to book with them!

Oh dear, I do sound like a miserable old fart don't I grin

Oldwoman70 Thu 19-Apr-18 07:56:09

The rapping ad for an all inclusive holiday company. Just awful

Cindersdad Thu 19-Apr-18 07:50:26

Any advert for 118-118 they're all excruciating.

barbaranrod Thu 19-Apr-18 07:27:03

oh my ,the one that i hate most of all is that one with the head rolling down the street ,i dont know what it is for or anything to do with it as i switch channells straight away it make me feel sick ,.So many of these adverts are so stupid as friends above has said ,the other one that annoys is " my name is Naz ??? yes we now know your bloomin name we have heard it so many time we all can repeat it word for word ,oh well enough said ,except i really think these add writers should get their act together ,they are useless

Jennylynn Thu 19-Apr-18 07:23:19

The giffgaff advert. What’s that all about?

GabriellaG Thu 19-Apr-18 01:58:55

I hate adverts per se. I have ad blockers and never watch tv programmes with ads. angry

craftynan Wed 18-Apr-18 22:33:49

I can’t stand one (Juan?) sheet and his kitchen roll. The Flash dog is lovely, so are the meerkats

sunseeker Wed 18-Apr-18 22:27:32

How about the Nationwide ad with the singing sisters - makes me cringe every time I see it.

grannybuy Wed 18-Apr-18 22:19:18

The M & M's one makes me cringe.

Beavermist Wed 18-Apr-18 22:01:36

Any advert with dreadful poetry, but I will admit to that I am not a lover of any poetry. I do like the Specsavers one with the vet .

luzdoh Wed 18-Apr-18 21:45:56

lilihu Regarding the stupid girl in the Tui advert: I am with you on that! I detest her so much I have to look away and block out her awful so called singing. There aren’t many good adverts for holidays in fact.

I quite like the Bold advert where the sergeant/officer (whatever) smells the bed.

You know, all ads aimed at us women seem terrible. Certainly the pads, make up and shampoo ones are just boring and annoying.

luzdoh Wed 18-Apr-18 21:35:16

wot Yes! Me too! I can’t stand the way her tongue splurges out and does not fit the words. It makes me feel sick!

I haven’t seen it lately (hurrah) but Avon had a disgusting advert with a revolting girl who said “shut up!” I thought it was in bad taste.

I LOVE the Flash dog!

sluttygran Wed 18-Apr-18 20:49:49

Ah yes - I’m going to join the Haribo fans - those are funny, and the meerkats are sort of sweet.
We can allow those two, then and the rest can go to Room 101.

starlily106 Wed 18-Apr-18 20:32:16

I hate the adverts for the over 50 insurance. That's because I took an insurance with Sunlife and now I have paid in over the amount my family will get when I pop off. Every month now I know that I am wasting money paying each instalment, and I have to pay for as long as I live. I get so mad at the adverts, as they make it sound like a real bargain, but only if you die early!