Gransnet forums

Chat

Over-aired trailers.

(5 Posts)
blueberry1 Wed 18-Apr-18 14:38:01

Following on from the annoying ads thread,is anyone else sick of trailers for up-coming programmes that are shown repeatedly? The one for the second series of Marcella drove me mad."I'm not well" screeched Anna Friel about six times each evening.Instead of making me want to watch,these trailers completely put me off many programmes.
Another recent one was for "This Time Next Year" where we were shown the participants problems and the result over and over again.One lady said she wanted to overcome her fear of dogs and then we saw her come back with two large dogs.Any point in watching-grrr!

JackyB Wed 18-Apr-18 15:48:16

Whoops. I thought this was going to be about people leaving windows open in their caravans.

These kind of trailers are annoying though. Fortunately I don't watch much TV. The BBC probably have to run these trailers to fill the slots in American programmes which are left free for adverts.

Charleygirl Wed 18-Apr-18 15:51:56

blueberry I totally agree and that fellow who had a leg amputated and wanted to walk again - of course we saw him walking with crutches or whatever- there was no point to showing the trailers because they revealed the entire programme.

blueberry1 Wed 18-Apr-18 19:34:43

Ha,ha,*Jacky*.I don't think a trailer of that kind could ever be over-aired!

BlueBelle Wed 18-Apr-18 20:43:55

My friend totally refused to watch Marcella because if the trailer