Gransnet forums

Chat

Was that summer?

(19 Posts)
Mapleleaf Fri 20-Apr-18 22:34:35

Been sunny again today in South Yorkshire but not as hot as yesterday. The pollen count has affected me a bit today and last night. Back to cooler weather tomorrow according to the forecast. That could have been our Summer!!?

callgirl1 Fri 20-Apr-18 17:54:53

We`re on our 2nd warm sunny day here in Boston.

Luckylegs Fri 20-Apr-18 14:24:33

The sun has come out! Hurray, hurrah! It makes such a difference, doesnt it? You certainly couldn't call it scorching or have to go inside but such a pleasant change. I bet that is it now though, pessimist as I obviously am!

How absolutely annoying though, Chewbacca that you were stuck inside yesterday and today's your day off an' all. Hope you've got some sun now at least. sunshine

nanaK54 Fri 20-Apr-18 13:38:03

Beautiful weather in Kent sunshine

GrandmaMoira Fri 20-Apr-18 13:29:18

It was extremely hot here in London yesterday and nearly as hot today. A week ago it was cold winter, then we had a few pleasant spring days. Now, although it is lovely to see the sun, the pollen count is high, my hay fever is bad and it's too hot to sit in the sun. I had to give up doing the garden. I know I shouldn't moan about summer but just a little cooler is lovely.

Charleygirl Fri 20-Apr-18 12:38:38

I intend to have brunch out in the garden, watching my washing dry and reading a magazine. Anybody may join if they wish, I need my daily dose of vitamin D, and not out of a bottle.

Bathsheba Fri 20-Apr-18 11:35:19

We're on day 3 - or is it 4? - of summer in Devon, and it's forecast to be lovely and warm tomorrow as well. But then it looks as if the temperature's going to drop considerably on Sunday and it'll be all downhill from there sad. Oh well, that's the UK for you, I suppose we should be used to it by now!

hildajenniJ Fri 20-Apr-18 11:35:07

I woke to fog this morning. It is nothing like as warm as yesterday, but in the last hour the sun has broken through the clouds. There is a cool wind blowing, if I was going out anywhere I would definitely need a coat or jacket.

Pittcity Fri 20-Apr-18 11:09:12

Still warm here in Colchester. I've had to come inside to cool down.

Gagagran Fri 20-Apr-18 11:05:42

Beautiful on the south coast too - warm,sunny and not at all humid. My aching joints love this weather - they have given up paining me today. sunshine

KatyK Fri 20-Apr-18 11:04:26

Oh what a shame. It's beautiful in the West Mids smile

glammanana Fri 20-Apr-18 10:59:15

Beautiful weather here on Wirral really warm and sunny.
I have already dried one load of washing out on the line and have another load to go out,the sun really helps you get into Spring cleaning mode.

Panache Fri 20-Apr-18 10:58:27

We keep hoping but the sun and clear skies only END the day...............however after an early morning mist..........Hurrah!! we have lift off,clear azure blue skies and a warming sun.
It is ultra annoying hearing from others how they are basking in the sunshine whilst we shiver with the heat firmly switched on!!
I hope we ALL get a share of the sun and warmth at least.

Anniebach Fri 20-Apr-18 10:55:01

Still summer in Mid Wales , two days ?

grannyactivist Fri 20-Apr-18 10:33:53

Still summer here in my little corner of heaven Devon. smile

Luckylegs Fri 20-Apr-18 10:33:30

It's so unfair! All you hear from the weather forecasters is how high the temperature is and you see on the news all the people sitting on the grass (! our grass is sodden) in parks etc. It was lovely yesterday, perhaps up to 19-20 degrees but not 29 as it was darn sarf! It really is cold now, I'm sitting next to the radiator. We joked yesterday that this might have been our day of summer but didn't expect this. I know it's no ones fault but really........

Chewbacca Fri 20-Apr-18 10:26:00

Same here Luckylegs, yesterday was a scorcher and I sat and melted in an airless office, but today is my day off and it's grey, cold and overcast.

Situpstraight Fri 20-Apr-18 10:21:04

It might be! Still hot here, so warm I now have to have an emergency appointment with the Asthma nurse!

Due to have thunderstorms tomorrow ........ so we will be back to ‘normal’.

Luckylegs Fri 20-Apr-18 10:19:05

In the North West we had one lovely day yesterday. Today it's freezing, had to put the heating on to stop me shivering! Is it only us?