Gransnet forums

Chat

How do you access grans net? By mobile,laptop,tablet or computer

(21 Posts)
jordana Mon 23-Apr-18 08:21:51

I have not been on grans net for a few weeks as I went well over my data as I was using my mobile and was not always in a free WiFi zone when outside my home. I also use my tablet or computer at home and was permantly logged in and didn't realise I would need to log off when away from home. How do others access grans net?

harrigran Mon 23-Apr-18 08:27:35

Phone, tablet and laptop but only use wifi.

Panache Mon 23-Apr-18 08:45:52

The lap top it is for me and yes using wifi.

Charleygirl Mon 23-Apr-18 08:53:52

My computer which is in my kitchen.

hildajenniJ Mon 23-Apr-18 08:54:51

Tablet or phone, whichever has the best charge. I have two tablets, one is a Kindle which I keep by my bed to read my books before I go to sleep. I have GN everywhere. ??

tanith Mon 23-Apr-18 08:55:50

By all of them but mostly iPad or mobile

lemongrove Mon 23-Apr-18 08:59:19

IPad all the time, I used to sit at the computer but hardly use that at all now.I do everything via the iPad, wonderful gadget.

jordana Mon 23-Apr-18 09:03:48

But do you keep logged in permantly or only when you post on a thread? I know we don't need to be to just read the threads

glammanana Mon 23-Apr-18 09:07:48

Lap top in my kitchen and tablet in my bedroom,I am always logged on.

annodomini Mon 23-Apr-18 09:27:00

Laptop at home, using my own wi-fi. If visiting family, I take my tablet and use their w-fi.

annodomini Mon 23-Apr-18 09:28:13

Oh, and yes, I do keep logged in on my laptop.

kittylester Mon 23-Apr-18 09:33:43

Phone, laptop and. occasionally, tablet. Only using wifi either at home or out and about using BT hotspot.

ninathenana Mon 23-Apr-18 09:40:38

Mostly via my phone but also Kindle but I never use my data allways wifi.
I'm permanently logged in, in fact I have a one click short cut on my phone which takes me straight to the active page.

Marydoll Mon 23-Apr-18 09:50:43

Mostly it's PC and tablet. However, came back from holidays at weekend to find my PC has died. ☹️. Relying on my tablet at the moment. Using WiFi for both.
Occasionally, whilst on the train, I will use my phone to view GN.
I too never use my data, always WiFi.

tanith Mon 23-Apr-18 09:56:14

I do use WiFi mostly too but I just took out a new contract on my mobile as mine ended very pleased with the deal of unlimited texts and calls and more data than I would ever use for less than my old contract so I don't log out and get up dates on the go.

shysal Mon 23-Apr-18 09:57:00

Laptop and tablet using my home Wi-Fi. I stay permanently logged on. I only very occasionally use my phone and data. I was not aware that I had to be logged off when away from home.

jusnoneed Mon 23-Apr-18 11:12:08

Laptop during the day and iPad in the later evening. I don't use the internet on my phone, have never felt the need.

Willow500 Mon 23-Apr-18 13:27:46

My pc - I can see it on my iPad but generally sit in my office anyway so its easier on here.

NanaMacGeek Mon 23-Apr-18 14:04:17

I'm using my iPad at the moment.

jordana why do you think you need to log off when you are away from home? Is it something to do with your mobile phone data allowance? I don't understand.

BlueBelle Mon 23-Apr-18 15:06:10

iPad, iPhone mostly, but only rarely my laptop
Always stay logged in don’t log off when I m away from home either
I have free calls texts and unlimited WiFi which I never need all of in my phone bundle

Farmor15 Mon 23-Apr-18 15:21:07

Mostly iPad- never log out, even when away-just use WiFi. Occasionally use phone or laptop. I logged in once and never needed to do again. No data use if Gransnet window not open or active.